Anyone recognise this business for sale?

Blatman

so at the mo its just speculation its westfield? we all may be barking up the wrong tree as it sort of sounds like them..... with a factory visit this weekend it will make an interesting time if it is! wish i could make it.

It's deffo WF as I counted the worldwide dealers listed on their website (24) and AFAIK they only have one model with EC approval or whatever which is the Sport Turbo I think?

It just doesn't fit with any other UK manufacturer either, they're all either far too big or far too small.

Lets get together and buy it.     

I let you do that, but count me out. Very difficult market that's probably only going to get more so with legislation.

Not just legislation but the market seems much more competitive ... not just other 7 esque  kit car suppliers but second hand mainstream alternatives too.

If you take the track element or desire to build out of the equation cars like Z4M, Cayman etc are shockingly good value 3 or 4 years old..

Have the giveaways been removed from the ad?   24 dealers, 1 EU approved model, etc? 

Anyway if that is the turnover and profit then production numbers have plummeted.   From suggested output of 400 cars some years ago,  40 factory builds and 100 kits would account for 1.9 million, if they did nothing else!. 

Even  the financial data have been removed!

Good old Blatters - don't hear from him for weeks then......

image1272.gif

:p

:)

• Like 2

I was always puzzled why they bought GTM and then mothballed it. I see they still use the GTM logo despite as far as I'm aware never having sold a kit. I'm sure GTM owners have huge resentment for the compan because of that.

Bob

We could do with the plans of the chassis!

Have the giveaways been removed from the ad? 24 dealers, 1 EU approved model, etc?

Anyway if that is the turnover and profit then production numbers have plummeted. From suggested output of 400 cars some years ago, 40 factory builds and 100 kits would account for 1.9 million, if they did nothing else!.

You're right, all the info has been removed from the original ad. Too late now mind, I can't see anyone else twigging on so it leaves very little doubt that this thread has influenced the removal. Regardless, is the potential sale a good or a bad thing do we think?

We could do with the plans of the chassis!

What for? No two are alike☺

• Like 1

You're right, all the info has been removed from the original ad. Too late now mind, I can't see anyone else twigging on so it leaves very little doubt that this thread has influenced the removal. Regardless, is the potential sale a good or a bad thing do we think?

Er, I've only been on Blatchat and Facebook and it was all over both of them; I'm afraid that particular genie is well and truly out of it's bottle. For the moment at least.

I was always puzzled why they bought GTM and then mothballed it. I see they still use the GTM logo despite as far as I'm aware never having sold a kit. I'm sure GTM owners have huge resentment for the compan because of that.

Bob

The death of Rover didn't help GTM's cause much. I seem to remember being told it was proving far more complicated to rengineer the GTM monocoque for other powertrains etc than anyone thought, along with some comment along the lines of "no one knew how they (GTM) could do such complicated, high quality moldings, for the money. Ah, wait, they couldn't..."

I know work has been going on for years though with GTM technology/knowledge, it's just been on more of a back burner, compared to the SEiW/Sport Turbo range.

Even  the financial data have been removed!

Good old Blatters - don't hear from him for weeks then......

image1272.gif

:p

:)

Genuinely laughed out loud at that.

Evenin' MotCO

:getmecoat:

• Like 1