Tyre question re Toyo T1R

kmd1154

Quite simple, use the 15" wheels with R1R's for the road and the 13" wheels for the track, which is exactly what I do.

Snap :)

I now think it points to 2 different R1R tyres in my 205 50 15 size at any rate. Identical in every spec, including load index and speed rating but they have..... Wait for it...... different UTQG rating of 140 and 200, hence 2 product codes 170030 and 173330.

Crickey nothing's simple these days is it?

Anyway all this R1R talk has got me itching...... Think I might go for a set to replace my T1R's

I only paid £59 each for mine! 

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/toyo-r1r-195-50-r15-82-v/98119081

quick delivery also! great all round Tyre, I have done about 3500miles including loads of track days and sprints/ hill climb tests days and there is still loads of life left on them! 

so those of you who run 15 inch on road and 13 inch on track would be interested to hear feedback in differences between 13's and 15's with the same tyres on. are they actually quicker (in terms of lap time) or do they just "feel" better when i tried them back to back on the road i feel the 13's felt more lively and you could feel they were lighter but that was nagated somewhat by them feeling less stable.

If there is a very little in it 15inchs are best for me as i can get in down the drive and into the garage without changing wheels every time ! :)  

Many thanks 

Paul 

I only paid £59 each for mine! 

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/toyo-r1r-195-50-r15-82-v/98119081

quick delivery also! great all round Tyre, I have done about 3500miles including loads of track days and sprints/ hill climb tests days and there is still loads of life left on them! 

so those of you who run 15 inch on road and 13 inch on track would be interested to hear feedback in differences between 13's and 15's with the same tyres on. are they actually quicker (in terms of lap time) or do they just "feel" better when i tried them back to back on the road i feel the 13's felt more lively and you could feel they were lighter but that was nagated somewhat by them feeling less stable.

If there is a very little in it 15inchs are best for me as i can get in down the drive and into the garage without changing wheels every time ! :)

Many thanks 

Paul 

Don't think us amateur road & Track drivers will notice any difference between the 13" & 15" wheels on road or track, certainly not lap time wise.  We don't drive 100% flat out as we do have a sense of self preservation.

TIRs on the road and slicks for the track chalk and cheese but fit for purpose. Wet jobbies for the damp days. RIRs a development. Horses for courses.

Bob :d

I'm sure the R1Rs are great but I'm very happy with my T1Rs.  I can scare myself silly with them on a track day and still find I have plenty of grip and the confidence to push on even harder next time round plus I have next to no wear and they feel safe in the wet.  Mind you I'm 67 and wish to hang on to what time I have left  :laugh:

Had R888s on my old car with about 120bhp. Amazing grip and OK in the wet with the exception of standing water. Lasted 3000 miles with road use (hard) only. Still some tread and I have them as spares. Latest car has 270bhp and due to the cost of R888s (over £100'each) I settled for T1Rs on the basis that they would last a bit longer and are half the price. I've done a few test and track days and they are pretty good but nowhere near as good as the 888s and they only last about 1000 miles albeit 1000 hard miles. Haven't tried R1Rs but the Nankang are getting good reviews

Bob