Which Track on which date anglesey?

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Thanks John; perhaps I got it the wrong way round. But yes, it is the layout involving the Corkscrew (correctly known as the Coastal course, I think) which I am puzzled by, as to the scoring system.

Give me a call Stephen and I will explain all.....sort of

As to points on the Saturday, Tel, how will we know who gets 100 points when we are in different classes, and how will our points be calculated if the person with 100 points is in a different class?

Regards,

Sunday is the corkscrew course. I too am curious as to how the points will be allocated as it seems its too simple to give 100 points to the fastest in each class nowadays?

It's all in the regs and was used this year for the Blyton 2-lapper and Barbon events.....

e) New Venue Rule

Where no target time exists for a 'new' venue (i.e. where no speed event records exist for the classes defined in these regulations) or if an existing venue has been revised then, the competitor with the highest score after Target averages have been applied to each class, will set the “New Target Time” in that class and score 100 points. All other classes will then be calculated by using the average difference between each class from the full year Targets set for the current year. Scores will be calculated as 1.6 b) & 1.6 c)

But in plain english is means.....Once the day is over we calculate who is the closest in % terms to the Average Target for their class (the Average Target for each class is calculated from the tagets for all events for a current season).  Once the closest time is established this time becomes the target for the specific class and the individual scores 100 points.  Then all class targets are calcualted from that one set target based on a percentage variance.  The new class targets and then used to calculate the scores for all other competitors. "Simple"!!!

It's all in the regs and was used this year for the Blyton 2-lapper and Barbon events.....

e) New Venue Rule

Where no target time exists for a 'new' venue (i.e. where no speed event records exist for the classes defined in these regulations) or if an existing venue has been revised then, the competitor with the highest score after Target averages have been applied to each class, will set the “New Target Time” in that class and score 100 points. All other classes will then be calculated by using the average difference between each class from the full year Targets set for the current year. Scores will be calculated as 1.6 b) & 1.6 c)

But in plain english is means.....Once the day is over we calculate who is the closest in % terms to the Average Target for their class (the Average Target for each class is calculated from the tagets for all events for a current season).  Once the closest time is established this time becomes the target for the specific class and the individual scores 100 points.  Then all class targets are calcualted from that one set target based on a percentage variance.  The new class targets and then used to calculate the scores for all other competitors. "Simple"!!!

Errr - not really. How can you have an average target time when one hasn't been established?

We have extensive data for overall class averages as well as event averages for each class

I think I understand! But because of the amount of calculations it sounds as if unfortunately we may not know who the champion for this season is at close of play on the Sunday? This is in contrast to all the other previous years since I started in the speed series. That is a pity, but cannot be helped. Just unfortunate that the rule happens to apply to the last weekend of our season.

I think I understand! But because of the amount of calculations it sounds as if unfortunately we may not know who the champion for this season is at close of play on the Sunday? This is in contrast to all the other previous years since I started in the speed series. That is a pity, but cannot be helped. Just unfortunate that the rule happens to apply tso the last weekend of our season.

I totally understand your sentiments on this Stephen but a few points to consider...

1. It's a credit to the scoring system that the championship is so close that the last event is the deciding event, not been following the scores to know if that is the case this year.

2. If the championship is down to the last weekend then I am sure calculators and computers can be at the ready to do the necessary calculations.

3. I agree unfortunate that the last event is a the new layout, we have no control over this. But what a weekend to finish on, a double lap of the national on Saturday and new combination of coastal and international on the Sunday - doesn't get much better than that!

Just wish I was going to be there.

Seems overly complicated to me and a change that seems to have sneeked in for changes sake rather than for the good. Now nobody will know the outcome until a computer comes out

Seems overly complicated to me and a change that seems to have sneeked in for changes sake rather than for the good. Now nobody will know the outcome until a computer comes out

John,

It might appear that way to some, certainly not sneeked in as was in the draft regs that were issued to all prior to being finalised.  It was added for very good reason and has proved to be an effect and fair way of scoring at a new event (a similar principle is used for wet events).

The 100 points for fastest in each class, for wet and new events, was distorting results as many were scoring 100 points when in normal conditions they were never anywhere near 100 points.

It's been used a few times this year on new courses and has given results which have been felt by the ssot to be very fair and reward to quick drivers. I will be there, laptop loaded so we should know by the end of the day who the overall champion is.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Im being thick here. Arent we saying that for the last rounds that the max score available to any competitor is 100 points due to them both being 1.6e ?

That been the case isnt the overall champion already decided ?

Ade

The Saturday event is reputedly going to be 2 laps of the National with the shorter finish line . We have used this in the past and hence have correct Target Times.

Sunday is a new track layout so will be 1.6e with just one person scoring 100points irrespective of which class they run in. 

Ah I see. That makes more sense. Any idea when we will know what the targets will be on Saturday?

Of course this means I better get back in the garage and make barry's car handle now.

The targets for Saturday are already on the website Ade but just a different date. 

AFAIK that would be 108.28secs for class G as its Ty Croes Nat x2

... isnt the overall champion already decided ?

Hmmmm... by my calculations possibly.

I think John H may have it, as if you get maximum points then you'll be 0.2 points behind him.

But there'll be a big fight for 2nd & 3rd in Championship between yourself Adrian, John L, Tim N and Terry.

As for Class Championship Podiums it depends on who else turns up, but to me it looks as if most are likely to remain as now apart from Class G with the closest battle for the podium.

Of course I could have missed something  :p          :getmecoat: 

• Like 1