Clan McWesty: Bo'ness Hill Climb Show - 6th September 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Excellent bit of video work! What are you using to hold/support the camera? (Or have you just got incredibly steady hands!)

Another well organised event from Rab........well almost ;-) Yes a little ribbing will indeed be coming your way for a wee while yet mate. Brilliant video Rab .......

• Like 1

Excellent bit of video work! What are you using to hold/support the camera? (Or have you just got incredibly steady hands!)

Cheers mate! I used a gimbal aka stabiliser (Zhiyun Z1-Rider2) mounted on a telescopic selfie pole. Gimbals first became popular on quadcopters to reduce/remove the vibration from the blades, but can now be got as a handheld and therefore bike/chesty/car/etc mountable.

Some have handles permanently attached but mine has a detachable wired hand controller (this is the earlier version but has good pics: http://www.amazon.com/Zhiyun-Z1-RIDER-3-Axis-Function-Gimbal/dp/B00Z19MM1A) and there's this one:  (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feiyu-FY-WG-Wearable-Stabilizer/dp/B01220GIMY). You can get them cheaper by buying direct from China and waiting 4 weeks or by from Amazon UK. :)

• Like 1

Some people have expressed a lot of interest in how I made my Bo'ness Hill Climb video. I used a handheld gimbal attached to my GoPro camera, which in turn was attached to a 'selfie stick'. A 3-axis gimbal will smooth out all but the most violent of vibrations even from cars being driven.

I've just discovered and contributed into an opportunity to crowdfund a new gimbal from Removu (already a well established GoPro product developer). The Removu S1 is due out in January 2016 and they've already hit their target but are further offering new incentives to more contributers, including huge discounts! Click here to view offers:  http://igg.me/at/removu-s1/x/12023677 - I just wanted to share this with you guys to get in on the offers and it might save you some cash! :)

Great video Rab, Show looked a good one, gutted to have missed out on so much this year.

The gimble looks good but unfortunetly does not support my old hero 2

• Like 1

You've been missed this year, mate! Get a Hero3 on your Santa's list .. .. .. yes I know, I've mentioned Christmas and it's still only September!! :xmas::cry: