Clan McWesty: Bo'ness Hill Climb Show - 6th September 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Thanks for organising this Rab!

Does anyone have a gazebo they can bring for the stand? Worth everyone bringing along a camping chair too.

I've a pop up gazebo but with no sides. Happy to bring it but it'd be better if we could get one which had at least two side panels..

I have an 8m by 5 m marquee with detachable sides if you want?

Sounds promising, is it easy to pack into a westy?

Are you interested in coming along? I've got 2 peeps on a kinda 'reserve' list but have also asked the organiser to keep in mind that I'd like us all to be able to squeeze in! ;) No guarantees though .. :down:

I've just received an email from the organiser and it's looking good for all that are on the list to get in, bringing our total to 10! This should make for a great Club stand!

It'll still be great to see any other members at the event .. and you never know, we might be able to squeeze you in, lol! :p

It was emphasised that we should get on site comfortably before 09:00am - you have been warned!

Alastair and Matt can just fall out of their (separate) beds at 08:50am, you lucky devils!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Attention to those whose names appear in the first post - I'll soon be sending out a blank spec sheet to fill in for your car. Please complete and return to me. Don't worry about formatting, spelling, etc as I'll tidy them up.

Info should be limited to one sheet of A4 ie you can use both sides but no more. Try and provide some detail ie 'Sabelt 4-point harnesses' and not just 'Harnesses'.

Rab I still have the data sheet from Stoneleigh which I think you should have a copy? if not thenI can get it scanned and email it to you

The tickets have arrived - guys on the list, you have email! :t-up:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Phil has unfortunately had to pull out of this event so there is a space going. I'm going to send an email to all members but please post here if you are interested - ta!

UPDATE: James (with the new mid blue SEiW) has got the spare place.

Okay guys, the new line-up for Bo'ness, as of today, is -

Rab
Bob R (Bob, please let me know the best email address to keep in contact with you on)
Matt
John
Bob G
Alastair
Chris
Campbell
Neville
James

MEETING POINT - 8:00/8:15am at Bo'ness Fire Station, (Crawfiweld Lane), Linlithgow Road, Bo'ness, EH51 0QF. It's situated to the south side of the town and we'll meet out front: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Fire+Station,+Linlithgow+Rd,+Bo'ness,+Falkirk+EH51+0QF/@56.0096281,-3.6270894,9679m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x4887d7badbbdcba1:0x1271fd7d25ec3ca5!6m1!1e1

• Like 1

As Alastair enjoys the two-wheeled one human powered transportation as well, he's informed me of some local road closures on our Sunday due to some faffy bicycle tournament!! :p I don't think the closures will affect many of us but the roads in and around the area may be a little busy - just a heads up: http://pedalforscotland.org/road-closures/

It's only really around Linlithgow main street, so just steer clear of there in the morning.

• Like 1

And it is an easy route from there to Kinneil Museum .................. :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Car washed , fueled up to the brim, levels checked, 4 am alarm set, weather checked . Roll on tomorrow .........see you all at the station

• Like 1

Huge thanks to all that attended this event and sorry to those who missed out on a space due to limitations set by the organisers. I can see why they were strict as the place was packed with loads of car clubs on display! Fabulous watching some of the old skool motors ripping up the hill with some bizarre looking machines. Luckily we had Alastair (aka theprisoner thepensioner) on hand to tell us what they were .. .. and how he had probably been around when they were being first built!

Thanks to Alastair and Matt for hauling some of the kit there and to Campbell and Chris for once again, making the epic journey down from Aberdeenshire, leaving their homes at 5am!! Full report in the next Club magazine, where I'll be at the receiving end of my own ribbing!!

Here's my first attempt ie go easy on me, at GoPro filming and editing (a mare with Windows 10!) but cobbled something together! Skills are a work in progress, enjoy: http://youtu.be/XTX2x75mk0A

• Like 6