Show us your daily!

benedwards64

After moving to the middle east, it's £20 for a full tank of fuel so why not bimble about in a 4.2L supercharged V8 with 420bhp as your daily driver?

IMG_20150705_124819_zpsm5g4yadw.jpg

• Like 3

Nice, this is my goal, 996 turbo and a westfield. Already got one of the two. Clearly they are very different so when do you pick the Porker and when do you pick the westie?

Here's a few, there's a motorhome and a 306 DTurbo too. The daily is escaping out of the gate.

EDDEFBcf.jpg|http://thumbsnap.com/EDDEFBcf

The daily drive is a Honda Stepwagon (a.k.a. 'the dog car' as I’m usually ferrying the dogs around in it)...  

IMG_2020_zps408ee940.jpg

The weekend drive is an XKR...

IMG_0069-2_zpsspelctx0.jpg

R

• Like 1

After moving to the middle east, it's £20 for a full tank of fuel so why not bimble about in a 4.2L supercharged V8 with 420bhp as your daily driver?

IMG_20150705_124819_zpsm5g4yadw.jpg

Even cheaper in Venezuela, 8pence a litre, could run His & Hers XFR's

That would be nice. They're deregulating the fuel price in August so it might cost £22 rather than £20 for a tank. 15mpg isn't too hard to swallow at that price.

An XFR would be nice, that's only an SV8. No way I'd be able to run something with an engine like that back in the UK, got to make the most of it while we're here.

I have had lots of different cars including 4 BMWs and the best was the 330d M Sport Tourer. Awesome tow car!

They are smooth , powerful etc but next to useless in ice and snow with almost no grip and they are expensive to maintain. 

I bought my 525 m sport touring and paid BMW an extra £440. For this I get 5 years servicing or up to from memory 60000 miles, intermediate oil changes and also my mot, and MOT protect.

Now to the other end of the scale... :laugh:

daily.jpg

Total spend for buying the car and running it for two years (2x insurance, 2x MOT, 2x tax, servicing, repairs) has been less the cost of the dry sump kit I fitted to the Westy :blush: And I still have a car that's worth nearly a grand - budget motoring at it's best!

:d

Wendz daily is a yr2000 MX5, cheapest to run car we've had.

Mines a Octavia diesel VRS. Excellent tow car.

AND the combined running costs of these plus Westie are less than when we ran a Ford Focus and Punto Diesel!

my daily, daily - Outlander PHEV petrol plugin hybrid - keeps my tax bill low

IMG_2194_zpscsnxeiuv.jpg

the westy not used so much for work these days but does make it a handful of times a year :d

CJH_1985_zpsouxhn1t4.jpg

TVR T350 with 4.3 engine - still frightens me - used often for work this time of year

mid_zpssdgvt6qc.jpg

and the opposite end of the speed spectrum is the 11.98 horse power van - gets used quite often although the head gasket has gone at the moment - does anyone that doesnt know me including Facebook buddies know what it is? :d

CJH_3543_zpsooiwfqmp.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like some sort of van from the morris stables?? the hinges on the back door are a good clue

Looks like some sort of van from the morris stables?? the hinges on the back door are a good clue

Yes, I agree. My first (and only) thought was a Morris Eight van c.1939 or just post war perhaps.

BTW, I did not use any checking site - these vans were common in my early driving days. Along with Ford Eight vans and the Austin equivalents. I had a 1947 Series M Morris Ten saloon registered MWL 56.

Yup it's a Morris :t-up:  - but which one

Well done :-)

It's s Morris Type Y 10cwt van - this one made in 46

Most were made for the post office but this was one was not

Is it a Z or a Y

Well done :-)

It's s Morris Type Y 10cwt van - this one made in 46

Most were made for the post office but this was one was not

Nice one guys for neatly sidestepping any possible stereotypes regards us all being anoraks...!

• Like 1