Officical Thread - WSCC Blyton Track Day & Sprint School 10th July

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Excellent

we have a pre event social :)

What a cracking day! :d Despite only driving a handful of laps (and having a massive moment during most of those, haha) it was still great fun - hope everyone else enjoyed it too  :t-up:

It was chuffing hard work for me trying to get round everyone (ended up booking my breaks up as the instruction was in such high demand! Note for next year - more instructors required) but found it very rewarding being able to help people out. Often what you're trying to get across isn't taken on board, but yesterday was an exception - every single driver improved a significant amount and I'm eagerly awaiting the results from this weekend to see how much time has been picked up by a couple of people! If anyone has any comments or suggestions about the instruction please feel free to let me know, either privately or on the forum. It's the first time I've done a full day at a 'regular' track day (rather than an experience day) and not being able to converse while on track posed a few obstacles, but hopefully we managed to get round these ok.

Thought the two novice sessions on the track day were a great idea, a little bit spoiled by a few people who forgot / disregarded this request, but hopefully it will become a 'feature' of the Blyton weekend and respected / remembered successfully in future.

Due to other commitments I couldn't hang around for the rest of the weekend, and couldn't find some of you gents early this morning when I had to leave, so I wanted to say a big thanks to all the new faces (but familiar names!) who were so welcoming yesterday - won't try and remember to list everyone but you know who you are :yes: Great to catch up with familiar faces too, of course!

Where do I sign up for next year? :laugh:

It was an excellent (if long) day, thank you to Adam for giving up your time to help us inexperienced track day drivers. If fact thanks to every one who gave their time willing to organise a great day out.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable day, hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.   

• Like 1

thanks to every one who gave their time willing to organise a great day out.

Knew I'd miss something... 100% agreed there - so much work goes on behind the scenes for events like this, they are not created overnight! Huge thanks to Panda John and everyone else who got it all sorted out :yes:

• Like 1

All the pictures that I have taken from today are now in the gallery. I hope that is what to do with them, please tell me if I have done it wrong so I know for next time.

If you want a larger copy of any pictures I can email them to you, just ask me.

As I am no longer a 'Dave Eastwood's Car Virgin' (I have to be careful how I write that one!) I have included some pics of Dave's car. I missed it at Stoneleigh, on the EVO triangle and it didn't make my monthly meet, so finally I have got to see it today. It did not disappoint but we need a bonnet up moment next time.

Thank you to everyone for providing a great day, you all looked, sounded and smelled great. I love going to Blyton, what a cracking little track.

I took 3 short videos too. 1. Onliest on the start line.  2. Shaggydid on the finish line  3. Just missed Shaggy's pirouette but captured the round of applause

https://youtu.be/ZVEWIu1TGmE

https://youtu.be/qa3jVq5v72w

https://youtu.be/Ixbvk_AgxSk

Not long home and packed away having left, just as early lunch kicked in. Timed it perfectly to catch every single rain shower on the way back down south  :t-up:

Yet another great weekend at Blyton, only sorry we could not stay all day today but work get's in the way now and again...

Thanks to John and the organising team for this years effort. Thanks to the Blyton staff for looking after (and putting up) with us. Thanks to Adam for showing my Brother the ropes - never done a track day and never driven a Westy before but did OK and did even better after Adams help. Also thanks to Adam for popping over to chat and fixing our suspension set-up, two completely transformed cars on track in the afternoon track day session  :d

Finally, thanks to Nigel, the stalwart of these events. It was a pleasure to work with him Saturday and this morning on paddock duty, a very well run paddock he keeps too  :yes:

• Like 1

back home and getting ready for a soak.... well done guys and see you next year!

• Like 3

Was a great couple of days. Nice to put faces to names and thanks to Panda for what must have been a significant about of time to organise such a well run event.

Mike

• Like 1

Quote - Thought the two novice sessions on the track day were a great idea, a little bit spoiled by a few people who forgot / disregarded this request, but hopefully it will become a 'feature' of the Blyton weekend and respected / remembered successfully in future.

I think this is a really good idea. I cant speak for other non-novices but any disregard was down to poor communication of when / how long the sessions were than any attempt to upset anyone. I think the afternoon one in particular might have been changed in the afternoon drivers breifing or maybe the sprint school overran?

I think the track day was well organised as ever. I saw great etiquete all round.

Great weekend. Great organisation. Well done to all the volunteers and helpers and hope Panda is happy to have his life back.

Yes, well done John Williams - you filled the big shoes great

• Like 1