2015 trackday date suggestions

SteveH

A new year is upon us and I've been looking at possible trackday dates that would be good for the members to gather at.  Some of the organisers I can get deals off haven't got their full timetables out yet so I'm starting off with a couple of events that I'm hoping a few of you will be interested in.  As soon as I've been able to get more information for events over the summer season and beaten a couple of deals out of the organisers I'll be posting them up on this thread.

If you are interested in doing trackdays this year, whether it's your first one or a regular hobby please post up to let us know you are out there and feel free to suggest any preferred circuits.  

For now I'll get things rolling with some springtime options - 

3rd March, Snetterton 300 circuit with Trackaction-Online £119 for open pit lane, free tuition available

23rd March, Cadwell Park with Trackaction-Online, £119 for open pit lane, free tuition available

Deal for the two March dates - get both for £199  :t-up:

We did really well on some of the recommended trackdays last year with as many as 20 cars at some.  Getting together with like minded club drivers makes it a much more enjoyable day so lets see if we can get even bigger numbers along this year  :cool:

Steve H

Steve - I know a few of us (typically 6-10) along the M4 corridor used MSE alot last year and did several airfield days (Hullavington and Abingdon, with a few action days slotted into Castle Combe) so there is appetite down here.

Hi Richard, that's good to know, it is tough being in any of the corners of the country as getting to decent tracks always involves mileage - is that an option?

I don't really have much to do with airfield stuff as a rule but it would be good to get you guys along to one of the midlands events that I'm hoping to get on the calendar, maybe Silverstone, Rockingham etc?  

Steve - how about Bedford GT? I love Bedford...!

Silverstone is about on my personal 2 hour 'drive to' limit. Last year I did myself a list of those within range for me (I'm in Bristol so...)

Castle Combe
Hullavington (Airfield)
Colerne (Airfield) 
Keevil (Airfield)
Llandow 
Abingdon (Airfield)
Thruxton
Gurston Down 
Curborough
Pembray
Donnington (boring M5 drive tho)
Silverstone
Mallory Park

I also don't know if anywhere, or if it can be organised - a hill climb experience/day?  I know alot of the guys were Oxford, Swindon areas so Silverstone and Rockingham are closer for them. 

Russ, Bedford is Ok but a lot of the guys on here wouldn't get through the noise limits  :( .

Richard, I think the club usually does a sprint school at Curborough each year; Thruxton, Pembray, Llandow and to a large extent Combe aren't touched much by the main TDOs so it's tough to get there but I'll keep an eye out.  Donny is possible but also a bit tight on noise (not as bad a Bedford by any means) and Mallory and Silverstone are on the options list for sure although there was no interest in the Mallory that I suggested last year.

Unfortunately the best (and most noise friendly) circuits are oop norf, good news for theprisoner as there is already a Cadwell on the list and I would expect to add Croft, Anglesey and Oulton as the dates get confirmed.

I'm definitely interested in joining in on a few airfield days

I'm in Newport, junction 24 M4 ( 20 miles from Bristol, Welsh side of the bridge)

Yep, looks like a couple of chances to do Croft, open pit in May is on the cards as well.

Knockhill, Croft and Anglesey for the more  northerly members?

I've been watching the Knockhill website, and they look to be doing far more open pitlane full days than they used to.. their trackday calendar only goes up to March so far, ... we need to see what dates they chose in the warmer months. ;)   

• Like 1

Yep, looks like a couple of chances to do Croft, open pit in May is on the cards as well.

I'm OK with a couple of days at Croft. :)

Really fancy Donington this year. (as I did last year but never made it. :( )

A few of us are already booked on Silverstone 6th March

Mallory is on my hit list as well, dates and cost dependant of course!

Really fancy Donington this year. (as I did last year but never made it. :( )

Quite fancy Donny myself if im not tied up with my other plans.

Donny would be good if we can find a suitable one, noisy days are very expensive though (£300+)…..