Lighting for a garage

Deanspoors

Indeed. I can say I have power in mine but that's it. Wish I had a double, or that size! Think the floor needs a good bit of paint to clean and brighten it up. I don't see a stereo or unsuitable poster.

or wscc calendar

• Like 1

So I went for 4x Twin 5ft HF Daylight Fluorescents with reflectors, Grand total of £125 all in, excluding wire as I already had that. Really pleased with the outcome, plenty of light and the right colour too.

Looks a nice space. I would certainly paint the block work walls if I where you. Made a huge difference when we did my parents garage in the feel of the place and the amount of light you get back. Matt or Semi-Gloss emulsion but make sure you used a good quality Dulux or Trade with a good lot of pigment in it. We did one wall with unbranded cheepness and after two coats it wasnt as bright as one of the decent paint.

Daniel

Painting the walls and floors etc also helps keep the dust down a bit too.

Yes. We also sealed the floor with some propitiatory bush on (as in, with a broom) industrial sealer, three coats at 24hour intervals or something, basically as soon as it was dry enough.

The slab got rained on before it was fully cured in our case, which as clearly weekend the top 5mm which is a great shame, but the sealant went a long way to help and its been quite manageable and lower maintenance than an paint or epoxy coating is to keep nice.

Daniel