Mitsubishi outlander - hybrid - 140mpg

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Is it that slow and cumbersome, oh dear if it is.

Bob :( :(

Well, what did you expect.   Put the word 'ECO' on a car and this is what happens.

It's ok - couple of things that I need to get my head around

You'll get used to it mate, but I know the feeling, my A3 still freaks me out when the engine shuts off at traffic lights, and I miss the power of my old S60 D5 engine - Hazel has it now and I drove it yesterday pre-MOT, accelerates like a scalded cat, especially on the motorway.

did 99mpg on my commute :t-up:  :laugh:

did 99mpg on my commute :t-up:  :laugh:

Leadfoot :p

Well real world electric range from a full charge (with aircon on) is approx. 22 miles on mixed roads - which is in line with other peoples findings - does my commute to work and back 1.5 times before empty

Off up to Newcastle in a month so be interesting to see what it will do on a longer journey

the motor has an unworldly feel at lower speeds with virtually no noise - really is very nice to drive around town

Whilst the remote rear tailgate is infuriating - I am not quite sure what you have to point the key fob at but it certainly doesn't appear to be the tailgate

The built in sat/nav and radio (plus all of the eco info) is going to take some time to get used to - the manual is a bit War and Peace

If same as my leaf, range will increase a bit with warmer temperatures. 20 to 25 seems to be optimal. When freezing seems to reduce by 10 to 15%

• 3 weeks later...

Ok my first report after a couple of weeks in

my mpg over 454 miles of mixed driving - is, drum roll, 56.87mpg - (fuel cost 39.88)

before today 75% of my driving was fully electric and a 160mpg round trip has destroyed my mpg to the above figure - but that is still pretty remarkable considering the size of the vehicle - it is also worth noting that I am still yet to receive the charging lead for the station at work so I have not been benefiting from the work charge up opportunity

If I include the likely cost of a daily charge it brings the above figure down to an equivalent of 42.6mpg which I guess is still pretty good - but really highlights the point of if you are doing lots of long journeys these machines do not make much sense unless you are charging either end or in the middle of the journey (may be realistic for some but not for me)

I am pleasantly surprised by the car really as it is comfy, although ride a bit harsh and has bags of room for the three kids in the back, it even is reasonably swift when you push the pedal down hard, and the sat nav system is not as bad as they make it in the reviews once you get used to it

Still it does have some really annoying issues - bl**** warning bells going off for all sorts of things, the electric tailgate is ponderous to say the least and the guy that designed the ergonomics needs a bollocking as there are numerous switches and stalks that are hidden from view - oh and i forget how many times I have gotten out of it and not turned it off (you are unable to lock it if the power is still on)

But other than that I would recommend if not only for the BIK tax savings available to company car users, which in my case were huge

It also seems to be quite a talking point with various folk wanting to know how it works and the silent pull away I still find odd two weeks on

Will it be the next betamax? I have no idea, but for now I am happy enough :t-up::d

Tow bar was fitted Tuesday and I am off to Cadwell on Monday - will be interesting to see how bad the mpg is when towing the westy

Ok my first report after a couple of weeks in

my mpg over 454 miles of mixed driving - is, drum roll, 56.87mpg - (fuel cost 39.88)

before today 75% of my driving was fully electric and a 160mpg round trip has destroyed my mpg to the above figure - but that is still pretty remarkable considering the size of the vehicle - it is also worth noting that I am still yet to receive the charging lead for the station at work so I have not been benefiting from the work charge up opportunity

If I include the likely cost of a daily charge it brings the above figure down to an equivalent of 42.6mpg which I guess is still pretty good - but really highlights the point of if you are doing lots of long journeys these machines do not make much sense unless you are charging either end or in the middle of the journey (may be realistic for some but not for me)

I am pleasantly surprised by the car really as it is comfy, although ride a bit harsh and has bags of room for the three kids in the back, it even is reasonably swift when you push the pedal down hard, and the sat nav system is not as bad as they make it in the reviews once you get used to it

Still it does have some really annoying issues - bl**dy warning bells going off for all sorts of things, the electric tailgate is ponderous to say the least and the guy that designed the ergonomics needs a bollocking as there are numerous switches and stalks that are hidden from view - oh and i forget how many times I have gotten out of it and not turned it off (you are unable to lock it if the power is still on)

But other than that I would recommend if not only for the BIK tax savings available to company car users, which in my case were huge

It also seems to be quite a talking point with various folk wanting to know how it works and the silent pull away I still find odd two weeks on

Will it be the next betamax? I have no idea, but for now I am happy enough :t-up::d

Tow bar was fitted Tuesday and I am off to Cadwell on Monday - will be interesting to see how bad the mpg is when towing the westy

That should drain yer batteries Clark,   you could add some extra U2's to boost the range :(.