Mitsubishi outlander - hybrid - 140mpg

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Already spoken to charge master and have a date for install - Mitsubishi dealer told me that Mitsubishi dropped British gas after some service related horror stories

Not sorted out the card yet though

Cheers David

No experience with electric cars, but my new company car is an Audi A3 Sportback 1.6l diesel, which I was prepared to dislike but am very pleasantly surprised.  The build quality and equipment levels are of course excellent but there's still plenty of room for four (five in emergencies), the CO2 rating is 99gms and even with me running the A/C all the time and doing 75-80 mph on the motorway, I'm getting 61-64 mpg, and 55-57 mpg urban - preposterously good.  The engine stop/start technology is a bit unnerving but you get used to it.  The handling and ride are very good too with long service intervals.  I'd certainly recommend a test drive.

Point of order My Chairman..... I'm sure you meant 65-70 mph surely......

just been out for a test drive - looks like it would make a good family vehicle though with loads of leg room in the back even with my lanky frame in the front with the seat back

drove reasonably well for a big lump and was quiet enough even when the petrol engine kicks in

the big down side is how low rent it feels and looks - can I get my head around that?

I'm not speaking to you again, total street cred failure..... unless you're in your westy of course......

I'm not speaking to you again, total street cred failure..... unless you're in your westy of course......

I have an unlimted supply of brown paper bags for the Outlander :t-up::blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I pick it up on Monday - tha Sinclair c5 as I have named it

Can't understand the reasoning behind this. Are you really saying mpg is a factor in selecting a car for an 8 mile commute? 

Biggest cost is depreciation surely, so bangernomics comes into the equation.

We have people at work that spend £300 a month on a car that do 50 miles a week tops. Seems to be they have money to throw down the drain, more likely they have got the "Jones syndrome" really bad, new car on driveway to impress the neighbours etc etc!

Big v8 petrol, private purchase, 12 month MOT, something like a 20 year old merc or BMW should be perfect I'd have thought, run it for a couple of years, throw it away and get another!!!!

Save your money for the toys at the weekend.

its a company car so depreciation is not the be all and end all - neither is the mpg that important tbh - but a BIK saving of over £400 a month is a proper saving to me and will allow me to do a couple of tanks of fuel in the TVR and a track day a month in the westy

• Like 1

Put it this way the total cost for me personally to run this car is £110 ish per month - you couldn't run a banger for that (I will charge it at home at the weekend so will need to add a bit to that)

The company benefits from hopefully better fuel consumption than the Beamer - you can write off 100 percent of the vehicle against profits in the first year - zero road tax - NI savings

The above will go some way to assisting with the higher depreciation -

I go visit customers so something reasonably smart but not too flash is essential - and I can no doubt get some PR from its green credentials (regardless of wether it turns out to be that green or not)

I will report back and let you know what real world mpg I am getting in a couple of months

IMO prospective customers like to see you in a big flash motor , good to show how successful the company is , first image is everything these days   :t-up:

I asked a visiting IFA what car he had because if he turned up in an Porker he wouldn't be getting any investment from me as his commission must be massive, he had a mondeo so no probs.

Interested to see how this new fangled electric machine performs.

Bob :d :d

Want my Beamer back