Westfield parts again and again!

Ragged Racing

100% agree, we need to post both!

yeah. we could do with a few more good tho :d

i was surprised when Pm's and emails were answered quickly. its good to see that they do want to get stuff out and seem to be onto the comms issues. well done WF.

taking the question of why some things are not on the shelf; westfield are probably just as scuppered by their suppliers as we are by them. i've noticed it for several years now that many companies will not be upfront about lead times. almost as if they are scared to lose business. it cant be good for WF to have these problems too but not much they can do about it.

like i said before, large delivery costs on small items is a joke and so is a credit charge. for small orders then i can understand but i spent more than a small amount.

We are not alone!

I am a bit p******** off with threads like these because there seems to be as many people supporting the parts department as are not.  The title of the thread does not now properly reflect it's contents. The one thing that is perfectly clear is that the parts department has recently changed for the better (except that the availability of parts is still iffy).

• Like 2

We are not alone!

I am a bit p******** off with threads like these because there seems to be as many people supporting the parts department as are not. The title of the thread does not now properly reflect it's contents. The one thing that is perfectly clear is that the parts department has recently changed for the better (except that the availability of parts is still iffy).

I don't understand why you would be p***** off??

'Westfield' themselves have said..'if there are problems,then if you don't tell us we can't fix them'

I think a thread like this is a very good thing, it's certainly not biased towards all the bad, it reflects the good & the bad

For example...there is much better chance of Westfield looking at high postage charges on certain smaller items, if the topic is posted on a forum,than the odd individual mentioning it over the phone when ordering parts.

Perhaps you're right...

But there are a number of negative posts on here that just seem to be from the "Westfield is rubbish" camp.  For example, free p+p may be a great sounding idea but will inevitably be included within the quoted cost.  Equally storing, proccessing, charging, wrapping and sending a cheap part may be just as expensive as doing the same to an expensive part.  On the other hand I dunno about the credit card charge.  When I questioned it, the guy in parts said he would "lose" it - for which I was grateful.

Apologies to anyone offended - no personal blame intended.

Credit card charges are applied by the card company and it is up to the retailer as to whether they pass it on to their customer or not. I think it currently stands at 1.5%. As credit cards carry an element of insurance cover to them, the charge will be for that.

the parts department has recently changed for the better (except that the availability of parts is still iffy).

I'm not being rude, honestly, but I laughed out loud when I read that :-)  

I'm not being rude, honestly, but I laughed out loud when I read that :-)  

Why?  Do you have a bad luck story or was it something else??  

They have improved from what I see in as much as they have more staff and the phone gets answered and return calls made and emails replied to.  I would say it is too soon to comment on the stock / supplier situation but progress has been made in the right direction with the first step. 

• Like 1

Why?  Do you have a bad luck story or was it something else??  

I think (could be wrong) that Dodgey was referring to the irony in your statement Martin - kind of "the parts dept is great apart from the fact that you can't get any parts" (not my view, or what you actually said, I hasten to add).

My own personal experience recently has been very, very positive though!

It's difficult, if you know what Martin actually meant, Dodgey's comment is, well, dodgy! And that's how I read it first time round.

However, I know what you mean, I've just gone back and re-read Martin's comment from the angle you pointed out and couldn't help chuckling at Dodgey's post.

The trouble with many threads like this is that people are very willing to post negatives, less likely to post a positive. We all expect good service in everything and as I have said before I work at a high level in the parts industry and even some of the biggest companies are truly shocking to get parts from as they do not have the stock levels. They manufacture to order, which is fine if the whole chain works but when they are made in China, it falls near the New Year, or the boats are full due to Christmas orders, it does go wrong.

We do not do panels, just hard parts and in most branches I have £1.5 to £2.6 million in stock, with a further £48 million in our mega warehouses in Sheffield and we still have parts not available sometimes. And we are the biggest wholesaler in the UK so what hope for Westfield with parts that are batch made, of older origin to keep stock?

Yes it is disappointing when there is no stock, yes it is wrong to take money when they have no stock and yes it is wrong not to communicate but from what I see they are trying.

Just to reiterate my point. My Volvo XC60 broke down, the fault was a faulty fuel pump in one of the tank compartments. It is three months old and it took 5 days to get the part, but I was kept informed and that was what mattered most.

I agree with all you say I don't mind waiting but every time I phone chasing parts someone says they will ring me back I think I've been rang back once during my build I know it's not their fault parts are slow coming but don't fob people off

Just tell them how it is

To try and balance it a bit, I can only add my own recent experience and in particular the effort of Dan in parts.

I needed a handbrake cable - hardy a high ticket item - yet he went to the stores, took a pic on his phone and emailed it to me so I was sure it was the right fitment. It was then sent off and arrived promptly.

I have also had a few questions about other parts - and they did ring me back as requested even though we were talking small inexpensive bits.

This was fairly recently and really can't complain at all - definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

• Like 1