WSCC Blyton Park Track Day Friday 11th July 2014

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Worth a call http://www.blytonpark.co.uk to Richard at Blyton, I did the same last year and I think he said they don't bother locking the gate as they live on site ( when events are on ) but just wrap the chain around the gate so it looks locked, you should be able to let yourself in.

He will do if asked, but only ask if you are going to be after 10pm.

Worth a call http://www.blytonpark.co.uk to Richard at Blyton, I did the same last year and I think he said they don't bother locking the gate as they live on site ( when events are on ) but just wrap the chain around the gate so it looks locked, you should be able to let yourself in.

last year the gates were locked and he would not open the gates even though one member was a few minutes late, so be warned

Steve

Trying to decide whether to come along to Bylton, looking at the eastern circuit verses the outer (used last year on morning) has this limited the overtaking as I did not want to hold others up ! :)

I don't think overtaking will be a problem TBH.  While we say overtaking on the straights only, consent is the key thing for me so no reason why a slower car cannot signal someone past on the longer curves if they choose to do so.

Nick / Steve

Can you clarify this for me as I'm new to the speed series this year  :blush:

1. Fridays track day is on the new Eastern circuit ?

2. The weekends sprint is on the Outer circuit as last year ?

Ta Martin 

Hi Martin

Yep, thats correct for the trackday, I think thats right for the sprint but Nick can maybe confirm?

Nick / Steve

Can you clarify this for me as I'm new to the speed series this year  :blush:

1. Fridays track day is on the new Eastern circuit ?

2. The weekends sprint is on the Outer circuit as last year ?

Ta Martin 

Yep, that is right. So you'll get a bit of practice for the sprint, but not a full run round.

Wonder which evil Comp Sec thought that one up  :p  :blush:  :suspect:  ???  :t-up:  :t-up:

Yep, that is right. So you'll get a bit of practice for the sprint, but not a full run round.

Wonder which evil Comp Sec thought that one up  :p  :blush:  :suspect:  ???  :t-up:  :t-up:

you spoil sport  :)

That's me booked for the Friday..... this will be my first track-day so be gentle with me...... I'm going to tow to the venue and will have all manner of spanners 'n' stuff in my camper...... look forward to meeting you all there.

Nem..... 

Bump, still room for a few more………..

Steve 

Will there be a morning and afternoon drivers briefing this year?

I have booked the day but will probably only do 6-10  laps in the sprint car in the afternoon..

regards

David

Hi David

Yep, we'll probably do another after lunch, find me when you land and we'll sort something out

That will be great Steve.  Saves me have a silly o'clock start in the morning.

Thanks

David