• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

WSCC Blyton Park Track Day Friday 11th July 2014

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Nick

2nd driver form completed and paid. Used my membership number on the form I presume that's OK

Roy

Yep fine Roy, it automatically picks up your info backstage, so you can;t get away with anything  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

To answer a couple of the questions.

The trackday is actually being organised and run by Byton track management as it was last year. Steve Hewson will be in charge from the WSCC side and he has already organised a slightly earlier briefing so that you can be on track by 9am. Hopefully it will fill up with all day people which means no briefing at lunch time. So get those entries in guys, you can see how many are left in the store and they are going rapidly.

GNU Steve + another instructor will be there, Steve is organising this.

• Like 1

Maff,

Spanner check, fluid levels (car not cider), tyre pressures, sandwiches, saucisson sec sliced, pate spread thinly on Melba toast and some nice humus with toasted pitta. When Debbie's finished all that I get her to wash the car and drive me to blyton :-)

Just have a good look over the car and make sure all is in the right place and get out has have fun.... :-)

James

Is it gonna be an Alexander family w/e James?

Yep, I've been asked to run the club side of things and Blyton will be sorting all the marshalling and track management.  I'll be there for signing on from 7.30 and we'll be briefing at 8.30 so we can get out on track for 9ish and make sure there's plenty of track time available.  Please don't rock up to sign on at 8.29 because you will be delayed getting out on track!   :bangshead:

Our instructor will be available for free 20 minute sessions which can be booked with me on the day with a priority given to the novices where possible.  I'll be happy to jump in to the occasional passenger seat as well where time permits but I'm also hoping to get a few laps of my own in!

This year we are looking at running on the new Eastern Circuit which is a similar length to the old outer track but with a few new corners in to learn and play on  :t-up: .

We are doing OK on bookings so far but still need some more to cover the costs of the day so please get your names down so we can continue running these days in future!

Just booked on..

Are we planning on just running the Eastern, or will it be all change at lunchtime?

Bernie, it will definitely be me and some of the children - Debbie and charity Are show jumping on Sunday so that leaves 4 more lads that could come :-) hopefully I will get to introduce my two eldest to Dr jelly :-)

Just booked on..

Are we planning on just running the Eastern, or will it be all change at lunchtime?

Eastern all day I think, it's quite a big change over the usual layouts so plenty to keep us occupied and a bit too much to swap across over the lunch break.

Very excited about this whole weekend - if the excellent organisation so far is anything to go by, it will be an absolute blast!

Is it possible to arrive and set up camp on Thursday night?

Camping on the Thursday night should be OK, I'll try to get some details of when access will be available.

• Like 1

Get there before 10pm or you will be kipping outside the gate!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Steve, appreciate it. Will be ideal if we can :)

10pm is the latest as has already been said the gates get locked after that.

Worth a call http://www.blytonpark.co.uk to Richard at Blyton, I did the same last year and I think he said they don't bother locking the gate as they live on site ( when events are on ) but just wrap the chain around the gate so it looks locked, you should be able to let yourself in.

• Like 1

Maff,

Spanner check, fluid levels (car not cider), tyre pressures, sandwiches, saucisson sec sliced, pate spread thinly on Melba toast and some nice humus with toasted pitta. When Debbie's finished all that I get her to wash the car and drive me to blyton :-)

Just have a good look over the car and make sure all is in the right place and get out has have fun.... :-)

James

If that's lunch, I'm coming to yours for tea!!

Looking forward to it.

Cheers