• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Pembrey weekend

Terry Everall

Thanks for your help today Paul looking at Steve's car

Unfortunately I have had to withdraw from the Saturday event but will be arriving Saturday afternoon/early evening and there for the runs on Sunday.

Good luck to all.

Anyone bringing Speed Series T-shirts to Pembery for those of us who haven't already got this year's? If so, mine's an XL!

I will be there with some but It might cost you a beer :laugh:

Welsh beer

"Welsh Beer" 

What the hell is that? :suspect:  :no:

Thats what you will get in Wales :p If you dont know what it is we could ply you with anything ;)

Think you'll find its Brains down there. Just the job for you Tel!!

Due to the fact that the Bar always seems to be closed cans of beer imported from England will be fine :)

• Like 1

BLOG COMPLETED

My engine problem at Pembrey now diagnosed as a main bearing shell starting to fail. These are being replaced and big ends if necessary

Glad you caught it early!

One more run and I wouldn't like to think what might have happened to the bottom end in general! Do they know what caused them to start going? I know it's spinning at an obscene rate but shouldn't there be an oil supply/pressure problem to cause a bearing to start going? Oil temp?

"one more run......." Thats why I stopped Dave even though I did not want to. The bearing issue could have been related to the previous failure of the flywheel/trigger wheel causing a momentary trauma to the crank so I hope its nothing more technical as other parts seem fine and no debris in engine at all and oil was uncontaminated!

One more run with a failing bearing:

buer_zps06ea0a1d.jpg

Bye-bye 'Busa   :down:

Ive seen that Piston at Mr Hussey's house and it's warped at extreme temp by the look of it.... its quite incredible!!