car lifts

pete g

which one

sent a email of to importer to see if any discounts available for a group buy :suspect:

The maxjax

:yes:

After Grahamf posted details of the QuickJacks I made contact with the manufacturer to ask if there was a UK distributor. Apparently Liftmaster in Alton, Hampshire are importers of their products but the website doesn't seem to list QJs. I have emailed to enquire and will post the reply if it's positive.

Edit: Sadly they are not imported due to the absence of CE approval. :down:

http://www.strongmantools.co.uk/mobile%20scissor%20lifts.html

i saw these at some of the shows and was very impressed - with room to work safely inbetween. your never going to be able to work stood up with these kinds of lifts but quite easily sitting or kneeling. - i tried it for size - it is useable if youv got mobility.

one of the best features - you can drag it outside to work on the car - think theres some small wheels on one edge - if not im sure it would be easy enough to rig summink...

best prices - try one of the shows

There's usually one or two of the UK companies that do this sort of thing at Stoneleigh.

The American QuickLift would be more suitable for me because it copes with low clearance well, and most importantly, it's potentially cheaper. However the dreaded CE mark is absent so we're not allowed to buy it. :(

There was a 2 post lift on Ebay which you spec the max height of the posts for low ceiling garages. From memory it was a UK supplier and was just over the grand mark if that helps. I was very tempted as it seemed to be quite a good bit of kit.

Terry

Thanks Terry, I'll have a look.

If the committee will give the go ahead I'll start negotiation with my Chinese friend "Have a nice day Mr Ma"

Just to let everyone know I've asked my Chinese manufacturer for some pictures and prices. Minimum quantity will be 10 but best price will be about 30. He's away from the office at the moment so I may not get full details until after 21st.

It may be worth waiting for.

• Like 1

Cheers Norman, keen to hear what comes back :)

He's just emailed back that he'll deal with it on his return on 21st.

If we can raise enough interest (if anyone can post on other car sites when I have details) then that may get the numbers up.

One other thing is that if we do get 2 poster lifts it's cheaper in dock charges if we can fill one container. Best way to do this is with tool boxes (he makes all the red ones sold by Machine Mart and the like).

Lets see what happens.

I am interested also!

what type 2 poster does he do