KitFest - Castle Combe - Sat 19th July 2014

M444TTB

I'm up for this, I've missed every Cotswolds meeting this year so far (manic at work), but keep me posted on and add me to the list.

I haven't been to a meet in 18 months as it clashes with something else. I am in touch with Andrew and we are trying to get some extra support for this. Watch this space.

• 1 month later...

Watching this space still :-)

We've applied for a Cotswold stand and are waiting to hear back. Other local areas have been contacted about applying for their own stand.

£35 for 15 minutes track time is a little steep though.

Shame as i'm not in a position to pre-book

It's very steep. Particularly when it could be 2 mins long if someone falls off on their first full lap. I've seen it happen and the red flag now comes straight out.

That's right Matt, but if this happens, just go to the office and they will give you another track pass

Also, a little tip for you, if you wait towards the end of the day, people start the sell their tickets cheap, sometimes give them away

Always been the way for the end of days passes. Almost worth going to the Performance Action day about 3:30pm! Hopefully KitFest will be better than the other action days, which I tired of some years ago (having done 3 a year for nearly a decade).

• 2 weeks later...

We've applied for a Cotswold stand and are waiting to hear back. Other local areas have been contacted about applying for their own stand.

Any news on this do you know?

We had our area meet last night and are looking at a blat down to the show on the Saturday. Could meet up with you swindon boys at Toys R Us on the way through?

I've not heard any more from Andrew (or Castle Combe) but I'd be very confident we have a stand. Are you applying for one?

I have just put the feelers out with our local group members to see what take up there is

Being realistic we would not get enough for a stand, talking with Andrew at Abingdon recently he was keen to join both groups on events so this would be a good opportunity

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received an email from the circuit stating the event is cancelled due to lack of interest  :down:

Really disapointed :(

CASTLE COMBE KITFEST ACTION DAY CANCELLED

It is with great regret that Castle Combe Action Days LLP announces the cancellation of the

‘KitFest’ Action Day which was scheduled to be take place at Castle Combe Circuit on

Saturday 19th July 2014.

The event was a new venture for the Circuit and was adding a new dimension to its already

successful stable of Action Days, many of which attract over 5000 visitors to the Circuit and

hundreds to the track and have been running for over 25 years.

Sales and Marketing Executive, Neil Thomas, confirmed: “It is a real disappointment to be

cancelling what we were hoping was going to be a really successful event for the circuit. We

had it on very good authority that a circuit based kit car event was exactly what the industry

was after, giving the opportunity for kit car enthusiasts to gather plus traders and

manufacturers to show off their latest products both off track and, more importantly, on track.

“We have not taken the decision to cancel lightly and we are very much hoping to transfer

some of the Owners Clubs and individuals who had confirmed attendance to the wellestablished

Classic & Retro Action Day which is taking place on Saturday 28th June. Full

refunds will be available for those who are unable to make the alternative date.

“The reasons for the cancellation are multi-fold. We were intending that this event should

meet the needs and expectations of the whole kit car community and include a strong

manufacturer and trade presence, a strong ‘autojumble’ presence, track time, full evening

entertainment, camping and more. Sadly there just hasn’t been the take up that we would

have anticipated this close to the event date and therefore the difficult decision to cancel –

rather than disappoint – has had to be made.

“We will be contacting all clubs, individuals and traders who have pre-registered individually

to ensure that they are aware of the cancellation and their options with regard to transfer to

the Classic & Retro Action Day or full refund. If anyone does need to get in contact with the

Circuit direct however, then please do contact us direct on 01249 782417 and we will deal

with all enquiries individually.”

PRESS RELEASE

The KitFest Action Day was being run in conjunction with KitCar Magazine.

Tom Saunders of Kitcar Magazine commented; “We really thought it was the right time for a

new show. We wanted to offer everything the Kitcar community want and expect with some

new and exciting dimensions such as the on-track action. We’d love to know whether it was

a case of the right event but with too little time for planning or that it just wasn’t what the Kit

Car community wanted. We’d like to believe it is the former which means we can get a good

head start on the event for 2015 by getting the commitment we need in plenty of time to

make the show viable”.

The next Action Day, the Classic & Retro Action Day, planned for the Circuit is taking place

on Saturday 28th June and will be incorporating a range of classic and retro cars, vintage

bus passenger rides on the circuit, hot air balloons (subject to weather conditions on the

day), veteran cycle displays and much more. Full details can be found on the website at

www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk or by contacting 01249 782417.