Hi - Hunting for a Westfield

CrisisWolf

Come to the Glos meet this Thursday see link for adress :

http://www.wscc.tfwebdesign.co.uk/

Feel free to come along to the meeting, there is no fee and we are all friendly (Well most of us are  :laugh: )

Prob wont get many Westfield Cars down there due to the time of year, but there is a lot of knowledge 

I'll be at Glos meet too thurs. hoping to take the westy, as the weather looking dry after lunchtime.

Will post here if I plan to come. Doesn't look that far away from the postcode as I am North Bristol. Will see how my viewing on Thursday lunchtime goes. Found some good article extracts here. The car I'm looking it as for sale at http://www.sovereigncarsales.co.uk/ if anyone has had any dealings or knows the yellow car (might be an ex-members) it has a personalized plate on it.

Definitely a friendly bunch. If all goes well and I don't bottle it I'll be a full member in due course.

Looks a nice little car, the only downside is the engine won't be very powerful being on stock single point injection,

Would really benefit from a different set of cams and new induction, either twin carbs or throttle bodies.

the engine won't be very powerful

Might be a blessing as its a starting point! Doesn't the 1800 have around 120 BHP standard? I did look it up at one point but the figure escapes me now.

It was rated by ford depended on what cams were fitted either 130 or 115, I would expect it to be the 115 version

Can I suggest you go and have a look at the car and then come to the meeting and have a chat with people (ill be there) and get their view before committing to buy it. I know what its like when buying a new car esp a Westfield, you might get a better deal when you walk away and they call you back the next day.

I have a 1.8 Zetec on the standard injection setup like the one your looking at.  Mines putting out 155bhp and I have been told the cams have been changed.  

always happy to help, if you want someone to come and have a look at it with you.

• Like 1

It will transform the car fitting different cams and carbs with management system but you'd be looking about £2k

Will post here if I plan to come. Doesn't look that far away from the postcode as I am North Bristol. Will see how my viewing on Thursday lunchtime goes. Found some good article extracts here. The car I'm looking it as for sale at http://www.sovereigncarsales.co.uk/ if anyone has had any dealings or knows the yellow car (might be an ex-members) it has a personalized plate on it.

Definitely a friendly bunch. If all goes well and I don't bottle it I'll be a full member in due course.

Your potential car looks nice. Seems to be almost the same spec as mine - but mines bright red! Don't worry about the BHP, mine scares the s**t out of me with my lowly bog standard 1800 Zetec !!! I went to Sovereign at Whitchurch when I was searching for my car. They were nice guys, very helpful and not pushy at all. Took me to their rear showroom - wow, some really special motors, unfortunately no Westies that suited at the time.

Good luck on Thursday, you know you want it.

Can I suggest you go and have a look at the car and then come to the meeting and have a chat with people (ill be there) and get their view before committing to buy it.

always happy to help, if you want someone to come and have a look at it with you.

Thanks for the offer. I am in the Andover area Thursday with work so makes sense to drop in for my lunch break. Wont put a deposit down on the day, its been for sale for a while so not too worried about loosing it. Back brief from the viewing to follow (maybe Thursday evening at the meet).

Looks like a cracking car,I would sell the personal reg if you buy as you could raise some serious upgrade money there.

I mean seriously would any member care if they had a personal reg on a westy!

Looks like a cracking car,I would sell the personal reg if you buy as you could raise some serious upgrade money there.

I mean seriously would any member care if they had a personal reg on a westy!

I have got one on mine :)

I had one on retention which was why I was determined to avoid a Q when building so I could get in on the Westfield rather than keep paying a retention fee

Possibly have a Mazda SDV for sale. Heart says keep it head says it has to go. Was asking 9k for it at the end of last year. If you are interested then please drop me a PM.