New WSCC Trackday Guru

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Would be very interested in doing a track day, but what is needed to be able to take part? Is a completely standard road going car able to take part?

I don't want to " modify" my car, and I don't want to buy expensive clothing etc for one or two days fun. I have a motorcycle "open face" helmet - is that acceptable?

Would be very interested in doing a track day, but what is needed to be able to take part? Is a completely standard road going car able to take part?

I don't want to " modify" my car, and I don't want to buy expensive clothing etc for one or two days fun. I have a motorcycle "open face" helmet - is that acceptable?

Hi Arthur,

You don't need any special clothing If you use the car on the road you will probably have enough to keep you warm and dry on a track day. Although in a Westfield you would need a full face helmet.

Mike

• Like 1

However, many track day organisers provide helmet hire, which may be the best way forward. If the track day bug bites, you can always go and purchase a helmet of your own then...

I have been attending track days now for close on for ten years since Steve (Trackday Gu Who?) :laugh: introduced me to Cadwell Park Passengering in his Pug 106.

Ah so it is the same Steve who I remember from way back when.

Hi Steve!

Errr, hi  :)

OK so to start us off I'm going to put one quick date up there.  

No surprises on this one really, we are running another Trackaction-Online event at Oulton on Feb 28th, open pit lane, free instruction etc.

The guys who have been along to our days before should already know about this one but for anyone else, you can book HERE for the very reasonable price of £140.  The club deal that we run on this one is that for every five WSCC drivers that book we will draw one name and refund one place; ten places means two refunds and so on.

If you want to book a place just follow the link and put "WSCC" in the comments box so we can include you in the draw.

I will be putting together a few more suggestions for dates once we've heard back from a few more drivers and AOs about what they are looking for.

Well thats me booked in , missed both dates last year so got in early this time , its the motivation i need to get the engine and seats in .

i do about 10 track days a year for a good novice day Mallory is very good but if your looking for a serious westfield track then cadwell/ oulton  takes some beating .

might add a extra driver / passenger nearer the time Steve if thats ok ?

cheers Iain

That's no problem Iain, you can add them on the day.

Lets hope you are the first of many  :t-up:

A trackday or two is on my list for this year.

I am a complete novice apart from a couple of karting days, so will be looking for someone to hold my hand :blush:

good lad Gary :d

Errr, hi :)

To help you place it, think was a Peugeot Sport Club attended event and maybe 9-11 years ago. Can't remember where but do remember talking about your 106. I would probably have been with Martin Wicks, Peter Faulkner or Vicky if you remember them.

Steve, I would have loved to attend the day at oulton in Feb but unfortunately my car won't be ready, too many winter upgrades.........

To help you place it, think was a Peugeot Sport Club attended event and maybe 9-11 years ago. Can't remember where but do remember talking about your 106. I would probably have been with Martin Wicks, Peter Faulkner or Vicky if you remember them.

That sounds about right, I've still got the 106 but I drifted away from the PSOOC as there was very little interest on there in actually getting out and driving the cars  :( .

I would probably have been with Martin Wicks,

I bought my 205 off Martin when my old one expired. It was a choice between that one and Daz Halliwells. both regular PSOOC forum contributors.

Small world, I knew Martin pretty well and Dazza too (plus his mental Wigan mates). 

Off topic (sorry) but when we did Anglesey circuit I had a load of the lads staying with me.  Martin fell asleep so we played buckaroo.

martin-w.jpg

martin-w-again-and-again.jpg

Hi Steve - This sounds right up my street!

I am a novice on the track, but have planned to get several track days in this year and have also brought a trailer to help get around abit easier!

Feb is also a tad to early for me, but March onwards should be fine!!

Looking forward to it!

Regards, Dan.