O/T 1953 Ferguson TE20 tractor - collectors item

alexander72

£21 ?????

I'm paying £36 with the NFU I've been had LOL :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexander72

• SootySport

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• pickmaster Andy Lowe

... hmmmm... it's still perhaps 2-3 years too early though!

I've always liked the older MFs but am also drawn to the MF135 or perhaps something with tracks.  Either way, it would be mostly a toy (the DB has loader etc) but with two sons it is quickly becoming apparent that one tractor won't be enough (and I don't really fancy the idea of losing money on quad bikes depreciating)!  Not started looking seriously just yet as neither is old enough to manage one single handed but if you've not sold by the summer then it might be worth giving me a nudge...

Mines a 1956 McCormick international with loader bucket and back hoe

I've made a snow plough attachment for it too

15994D6D-5BE1-4A7D-A796-8FAC1BBA62D5_zps

• 4 weeks later...

I so want a tractor! The bloke next door to my parents has got a fully working but unrestored grey fergy, opersite have got a fully restored slightly later red fergy, makes me feel left out! But with only a 20ft square gardent behind a 1940 ex-council house even my 18inch petrol rotary motor seems a little over kill!

Myself and Kens son used to collect all the beer bottles from the grandstands and were paid  the 1 and 2 pennies bottle deposit by the traders, quite a bit of pocket money was amassed. We often used to be drunk by drinking the dregs out of those bottles, bearing mind we were aged between 4 and 9 mum was not pleased.

Goods times had eh!

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jim,

Its still in my stable of vehicles - used it today to pull over a large conifer that had torn out and was in a brook.

Its still at home and on the button….. 

:-) 

No worries Jim - its going nowhere fast.  I've just sold up and start new job next month so needs for funds are a little reduced… :-) 

Alright AJ - yep pretty much - start with a new outfit on the 10th and my commercial contracts will switch over… 

• 1 month later...

Tractor no longer for sale - i'm keeping it  :)

Tractor no longer for sale - i'm keeping it  :)

Good times!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.