• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Ran out of luck / talent today at Oulton...

AdamR

Well, I was waiting for this - done quite a lot of racing (probably 15x 20 min races, or more) and a lot of track days (20+) in the last few years, and I've finally hit something relatively solid.

Bit of a 'one step forward and two steps back' scenario - got engine and gearbox back in the car last week, car was running sweet, but managed to overcook it a bit and scrub the armco after the exit to Cascades...

We're both fine but my passenger says he now has a bit of a stiff neck, sorry Adam! :(

'Enjoy'!

• Like 1

Oops, not so good and it looked to be going well up till the point of impact, but those kerbs and lines can be slippy when damp.

I hope there's not too much damage.

Cheers guys. Damage looks quite minimal at the moment - numberplate, fog light, some fibreglass and a squished fuel tank - but the armco seemed very forgiving and I don't think anything major is bent!

Yeah, the painted bits were still slippy at that point (I'd learned that one at Lodge, just a few corners before!), but I don't think I did anything 'wrong' at Cascades other than a bit too much power a bit too early. C'est la vie!

Adam

Sorry to hear your news. The main thing is your both OK.

I'm sure you will soon have the car fixed and be out again.

Roy

Sorry to see this Adam but as others have said, good to see you're both ok and remember even the pro's have mishaps :t-up:

sorry to see that mate, and hope the car can be repaired easily- h

ave to say the previous corners you seemed to be pushing your luck a little, as you were quite tail happy on the exits ;) unfortunate though that you happened to come off where you did- over the other side of the track there was plenty of space :down:

Oops Adam,   At least you have a couple of months to sort out the damage. Had a couple of offs myself this year but nowt broken, touch wood.

Ps, Miss your MX5 race reports. 

Good to see your both ok Adam and you had the Gopro rolling  :t-up:

Hope theres not too much damage to sort  :(

Soooooooooo close to catching it! Gutted for you Adam - you had some bl**** pace in the damp conditions! Oulton is very unforgiving!

oh bum.

gutted for you but but at least your both ok and be thankful it was the rear that hit rather than the front. hope its not much of a fix for you

Phil

Looking so good till the off

Sounds like the damage isn't to bad and your both ok

Hopefully no lasting injury's to either of you other than pride and the car.......................both of them can be fixed