JUST BOUGHT A WESTFIELD

Arthur

Hey! Who put my car in the washing machine on hot and shrunk it?

That looks like a very well loved Westy Arthur ...very nice 

Did I really see that ? that guys garage had an open fire in it  :t-up: now thats truly posh  :d

Hi all

Glad that you like the look of my new toy - can' wait to get it home & start playing.

RussH - the small red car behind mine was very nice but my 18+ stone frame would not fit in !

Quinten - I did get it from Toybox, very helpful guy is Andrew and he knows how to make a car look good.

Marto303 - that's not a fireplace but a bricked up doorway - although the venetian blinds at the window did it for me !!!

Hope to see you all on the road soon

Hi all

Glad that you like the look of my new toy - can' wait to get it home & start playing.

RussH - the small red car behind mine was very nice but my 18+ stone frame would not fit in !

Quinten - I did get it from Toybox, very helpful guy is Andrew and he knows how to make a car look good.

Marto303 - that's not a fireplace but a bricked up doorway - although the venetian blinds at the window did it for me !!!

Hope to see you all on the road soon

Thought I recognised the mini-seven ;)  I went to Andrew to have a look at an orange Westfield and it was in a fantastic condition...  in the end I decided that a cheaper Westfield which requires a little bit of work was a better purchase...  only time will tell :)

Hi Arthur,

Looks like you're not that far away, quite a few of us in the local area now. Granted it's a bit further for you, but have you considered the Cotswold meet on Thursday? Should be a good one.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/105419-28th-november-cotswold-meeting-with-20-suppliers/

• Like 1

Hi Dommo

Would love to have come to the Cotswold meet but am already committed on Thursday. Will try to get along another time though.  Will look out for you around Swindon. Wave if you see an grinning but aging idiot in a bright red SEiW around the town !

A grin like a loon is the only way to go when Westfielding! The effect can last for years too, I still get it, now. :d

First weekend with the Westie and just had a run to Castle Coombe circuit to check out Merlin Motorsport - unfortunately had the missus with me, probably saved me a lot of money though. Really pleased with the car, but just a couple of things need attention. Annoying squeak from the rear suspension, and the car pulls to the left. Toybox powder coated all the front suspension so may need to be tracked & set up properly. Still grinning as I was putting the car away - and caught on camera by my neighbour.

DSC_0014_zps3d1da7de.jpg

DSC_0018_zps987944fc.jpg

• Like 1

You'll hear all sorts of odd noises you're not used to hearing because your tin top is much better insulated from sounds. :)

If it's pulling to the left, do make sure it's not a sticking right front brake caliper first, which can give a similar feel.  Drive down a quiet empty street at about 30 mph and slam on the anchors.  If it brakes straight and true, fine - it it suddenly pulls hard left or right, it's a sticky caliper.  Simple and worth checking prior to an alignment.  Don't forget your local garage will have no idea what the correct alignment settings are - someone will come in here and illuminate you on what they are, no doubt.

Lovely looking car though, good to see you enjoying it. :)