Seats - wotcha got?

peet

Welcome along Peet, piccies req'd please and you'd best pay for your membership as you'll definitely save the subs money on advice, deals and larfs

I'm fighting hard against the draw of a new set of carbon bling seats, don't need them... it's these blinkin dark nights, I spend too much time in me garage :orange-westy: :orange-westy: :orange-westy: :orange-westy:

I've just had a quote from Jordan at Jk for a pair of seats being of a large build he recommended 4246 driver seat. Has anyone got these fitted and can compare them to the Westfield sport seat which I have currently fited. Cheers

Yes, swapped from the old Westfield Sports seat to that size JK. Much, much more comfortable. (Sorry Westfield  :blush: )

For me, it was the fit round the shoulders that did it. I'm 6'1" with a long back, rather than long legs, also have fairly wide shoulders. (Both sweets suit my wide  :arse: just as much). With the Westfield Sports seats that I fitted when I built the car years ago. Unless I happened to sit in just the right position the curve of the headrest where swept in a straightish line, down into the flared side wings would cut into the back of my shoulder blades after half an hour or so at the wheel. After an hour or so, driving could be agony.

Yet sometimes, I'd jump in, just happen to hit the sweet spot and could be fine driving all day!

The JK's, apart from holding you more firmly and giving more support are just perfect, every time, any distance/driving time I've tried  with them, hasn't been an issue. But then, like a proper race seat, they are sculptured to follow your shoulder line more.

Will probably look at Sport Turbo seats for the next car, as I've found them to have much better support around the shoulders. Just need to try one for a little longer.

As Dave said!

I'm assuming you've a wide bodied westie.

Thoroughly check the width you have available on driver and passenger side!

You may require narrower for the passenger side, and drivers side there may be a limit on how far forward they'll go at 42 or right back at 46.

Best thing to do is find local owners with JKs you can see try out.

Cheers guys Jordan did quote a smaller seat for the passenger side For the MT75 tunnel,but at only 5"6 I has have the seat as far forward as it will go on the runners so that could be an issue but I'm yet to find any one with Jr's local

For those considering seats, that aren't aware. The tunnel on the chassis of Westfields designed to take the bigger MT75 gearbox/T5  gearbox/Honda gearbox and probably, though I'm not 100% sure! the Rover gearboxes, are wider than the Type 9 chassis cars.

The extra width has been lost from the passenger side. As a result, although Westfields own seating is carefully designed to fit either side, if you go for seats like JK's that are available in a range of widths, not all do.

Fortunately Jordan at JK (And David that supplies Tillets) are well versed at which models in their ranges will fit which versions of Westfield.

I do fear though, that if you want the widest JK, you might struggle to get it too far forward. You will  get a bit more forward travel on it if you have no carpet on the transmission tunnel and no inner side panel on the right hand side of the cockpit.

I went from Westfield race seat to the 4246 JK.     The JK's just fit on the floorpan and I don't have carpets, they are more laid back so you may find you can't reach the steering wheel as easily as you could before, bringing the steering wheel closer to you or propping the rear of the seat up with spacers is the ways around this. The Westfield Race seat is about 30mm. narrower and more upright.

I'm more concerned that my short legs reach the pedals, I'm fitting a new steering wheel this winter and need to an adapter boss so it'll be no problem to extend the boss if needed