Seats - wotcha got?

peet

Ggggr! The Westfield seats in my car were bolted to the floor and runners removed. I had no idea why. Took one out to fit runners... turns out the seats broken in 2 pieces at the bottom which is rwally annoying for cost and fact I want to drive the car without 3 cushions behind me!

Now I can/will repair it but I may replace it as it isnt particulsrly supportive.

So what seats have you all fitted please? Was thinking of going for the grp ones.

Thanks, Peet

There's plenty on here about seats if you use the forum search,

my recommendation would be JK Composites.

For me they are excellent, and for many others on here. good value/quality, well made, strong & comfy.

Another highly rated seat is Tillett, a step up in quality but a bit dearer.

Some have the Westfield Race or Sport Turbo seat which they love.

SO try getting rides in other members cars locally to you, then buy the ones that fit you best.

I spent a lot of time researching and looking at seats before I changed mine, I would not recommend going for cheap seats.

Sometimes second hand ones come up on the forum/ebay which of course will save you some cash.

+1 for JK Composites fitted with the 5-pad set. Drove car all the way up from Southampton to Edinburgh when I bought the car - fabulously comfortable! Mine are bolted onto straps directly to the floor.

My JKs have runners fitted, which raises them by about 3/4 inch (so that vertically challenged SWMBO can drive too!  :laugh: )

I also have the 5 pads, but many don't.

I have sport turbo, had the upgraded cobra before, but sport turbo's are amazing!

JK's in mine withe the single cushoined pad, they are mounted on runners at the moment but will be bolted direct to the floor this winter, wifey decided she ain't gonna drive it due to the heavy clutch and the fact she is scared of it now.

I tried about 8 friends seats at trackdays and Westfiled meets and found the JK's best suited to me.  Suggest you do the same. 

I've also got the sport turbo seats and would say that if you are going for the standard padded seat rather than the shell type they are well worth considering. (they aren't exactly light weight though). 

I have the MOG carbon fiber seats.  My back is shot, and surprisingly the MOGs are the most comfortable place for me to sit when I'm in a bad state.  In fact, when I'm in a lot of pain, I take the Westfield out for about 30 minutes and find a lot of relief.  Now if only I could find a doctor who would prescribe that activity so I could write off the car as a medical expense :)   I've also spent some time in the carbon/kevlar Tillets which are noticeably less comfortable for me, but they do feel just a touch more rigid.  YMMV.

-John

Depending where your are in Sussex, you may not be too far from us in Edenbridge Kent.

We have all the Tillett seats for you to try for size.

You are welcome to pop over but best give me a call first.

Regards

David

Depending where your are in Sussex, you may not be too far from us in Edenbridge Kent.

We have all the Tillett seats for you to try for size.

You are welcome to pop over but best give me a call first.

Regards

David

I bought a pair of B6 from David, can't recommend his service enough, spent a fair bit of time on the phone discussing options and offering advice on fitment, and the price was much better than buying direct from the factory too.  Car isn't finished yet but here's a quick pic of them fitted:

null_zpse089dbfb.jpg

Thanks Rob.  The car is coming along nicely. The factory won't offer any discount unless buying 10 or more seats at a time.

+1 for the Tillets. I have one in my Zero and recently did 1000 miles round Normandy without any issues at all.

I bought a pair of B6 from David, can't recommend his service enough, spent a fair bit of time on the phone discussing options and offering advice on fitment, and the price was much better than buying direct from the factory too.  Car isn't finished yet but here's a quick pic of them fitted:

null_zpse089dbfb.jpg

David sorted my Tillet seats too. He even got custom head pads embroidered. Good job! They are brilliant and light.

I've had Tillet kart seat in my Caterham since 2002. No problems whatsoever and the longest journey was Sheffield to here (France) in December 2005. Arrived fresh with no aches (but frozen!).

I've done Dover and back several times for an MOT with no problems. (about 360 miles each way, so 720 in all in a day) .

They weigh very little (never weighed them but can pick up with one finger).

accident132.jpg