Herts, Beds & Bucks Area visit to Northampton Motorsport.

Matt Hillam (Fatbloke) - Herts Beds & Bucks AO

No sorry, am not as athletic as my size may suggest  :d   Have been to a match in Twickenham once though, does that count?  :p

That does count - we need players at the casuals RFC - shame as we have had many overseas players Join us :-) see you Saturday mate :-)

• Like 1

Final call.

1030 tomorrow morning.

See you there about 11 ish Matt - few trees to look at and saws to sharpen before the 80mph storm comes in Monday  HAPPY DAYS  :d

• Like 1

See you there about 11 ish Matt - few trees to look at and saws to sharpen before the 80mph storm comes in Monday  HAPPY DAYS  :d

There's always a silver lining for someone  :t-up:

Hi, guys,

What a pleasure it was to meet you all today at Northants Motorsport (I was the big bloke with the beard taking photos). Big thanks to Matt for organising it, and Troy & Steve for having us.

I've uploaded the pix to Photobucket for your viewing pleasure, here;

http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/Zumbruk/slideshow/WSCC%20Northampton%20MSport%20Oct%2013

If anyone wants a full resolution copy for themselves, please let me know (these are scaled to 25%). Apologies that I didn't get a picture of everyone on the rollers, but I had to get away.

Cheers,

Hugh.

Was that Mike Biddle's V8 bike engined Caterham still in NMS's workshop?

Great way to spend a saturday! Thanks matt for organising it! Massive thanks to Troy and Steve for donating the takings to the Derby & Notts, Frazers House, charity!

Del

• Like 1

Was that Mike Biddle's V8 bike engined Caterham still in NMS's workshop?

twas up there last Friday :)

• Like 1

Thanks Hugh, was great fun at nms. Found out I need some engine work doing !!! Must cut more trees

Hi folks, great fun today, wish I could have stayed later today but had to work! The mighty cross flow was a bit poorly today with a power drop and breathing issue so I need to get that sorted.

The observant of you will notice I've removed the KERS, DRS and launch control today for the rolling road session.

Looks like I will be further improving my x-flow over winter :-)

Great to see Marto, gluten free, matt, Del Boy, Bennett senior, Hugh, black st, Barry S, and all the other lads like Jon pettit who is rebuilding stu hills old car to compete in A next year. And good to meet big tall Quentin!!

Oh, and chris Dabbs who bought spokes' car last year.

Out of interest will a list be produced ?

Thanks troy and steve and all at NMS

• Like 1

As others say - thanks to MAtt and Troy and his boys for organising. By the looks of it they were generous to the charity pot as well - well done fellas

What was the outcome of the other cars then? Sorry I had to rush off but had an irrate windscreen fitter trying to fix Mrs L's car on the drive when i got home

Huge thanks to the team at Northampton Motorsport for hosting a very interesting visit.

Troy took us through the various services that NMS can offer as well as giving a suspension geo set up demo.

17 people attended, 8 cars had a power run on the NMS rolling road.

Thank you again to NMS for hosting the visit, to the WSCC members who turned up to support and thanks for your very generous donations to Frazers House charity.

Rolling road outputs as follows:

(flywheel figures rounded to 0 d.p.)

1. John L.  1.7L Ford Puma.                   218bhp, 144lbft. 

2. Keith A. 2.0L Vx XE, SBD225.             216bhp, 170lbft.

3. James A. 1.7L Ford XFlow.                 130bhp, 121lbft.

4. Chris    1.6L Toyota 4age. Stock.       122bhp, 115lbft.

5. Del H.   2.0L Honda s/c. Missile spec. 325bhp, 215lbft. 

6. ACW.     2.0L Duratec. SBD280+        286bhp, 189lbft.

7. Paul.    2.0L Focus ST. Stock.            185bhp, 171lbft.

8. BarryS   2.0L Vx XE, SBD260+.          248bhp, 172lbft.

Photos from Hugh here: (Thanks Hugh)

Photos from me to follow.

Matt

1.7L Ford Puma.

gallery_15169_220_67608.jpg

2.0L SBD Vx XE

gallery_15169_220_4062.jpg