no more defenders

dombanks

I've got a 110 XS TD5 it's got heated seats heated screen Aircon ABS traction control electric windows, the posh version lol I've done 130000 miles in 10 years in her and been all over Europe camping (family of 5)and off roading in the pyrenees and the alps. Problems to date 2 wheel bearings and a new clutch and it's only just had its second set of tyres 10k miles ago so I can't knock them. But for a few pounds more landrover could have made a great vehicle an excellent one just by galvanising the chassis and bulkhead and using a insulating compound on the doors to stop the electrolysis. But one thing I know I'll miss them when there gone, and as for going fast that's why we've got westfields :-)

Looks lovely!!!! :yes:  :t-up:

Thanks Graham, that means a lot, specially coming from a perfectionist :d

Here it is leaving us this morning, heading home for a re-fit :t-up:

5BCC87F0-6FE4-44BE-8903-102A9C2EC8EA-668

20FCC441-945A-4DBD-B251-1D2522153D2C-668

Is a great landy Marto!

I'm in the process of swapping my Westfield for this

null_zps4a5d211b.png

null_zps9b1ee9cc.png

My current hospital stay and recovery from being driven into, while stationary, in the Westfield... I need to accept that Westfield + Birmingham + my precise, Highway Code following driving style = 15 months out of 38 months ownership in the factory, several hospital stays and a fortune in repairs! Once moved I'll buy a £3k crossflow, swept wings and lots of chrome!

But while here I'll have a 4.6 V8 300bhp defender!

That looks like fun.  :t-up:

I seemed to get cut up far less in a Landy with bl**** enormous A bar than in any vehicle I've owned since...

I took a drive to the Westfield factory in her today...

I indicate, people move out of my way. Completely different attitude from drivers! Except two. First, two lanes, I was in right, indicated, loads of room... I left it a couple of seconds, pulled across and car decided to sound their horn. Enough room to fit a car between me and them... Some people!

Second, I was doing around thirty, residential area at 1500-1530hrs so a few school run mums emerging. An Audi A3 decided he was going to overtake me as we approached a corner. Car cones round corner, I've hit my horn, car coming around the corner hit their horn and Asian guy driving very nearly got squashed! I was tempted to follow him and next time he stopped, pulled him out and did a Vinnie Jones style attack from Lock Stock. But then realised that he'll be dead soon enough, without my help.

Landy is back down south till my car is finished...