The Video Thread

JeffC

@ Andrew - I used the fully enclosed at Aintree, but as I had only just took delivery of the camera, I quickly fumbled up a bracket to hold it to the roll bar. Wind noise was far less, but the camera was just touching the roll bar at speed and gave an annoying vibration.

So after reading up on external mics, I bought a 'replica' gopro hosing off evilbay and carved a dirty great home in the side, so I could get to the plug the adapter into the mini USB port...except the mic didn't work - hence the wind noise! Should have tested before I went, but you know how these things are!

@Jeff, the car is handling spot on, not bad for 5+ year old R888's! I have got a lot of catching up to do with the car talent wise, and I guess trust wise too! Was really getting into the zone by the end of the day though... :-)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stu999

• Andrew

• JeffC

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

yep looks planted and I really dont think those 888s go off, used some ancient ones myself in the past and they were bang on, unlike Avon Cr500"s which are horendous with a bit of age! I know what you mean about being Rusty driving too, no substitute for bum in seat time. 

• 3 weeks later...

little vid of me doing a drive by at Donington yesterday

No link Paul?? 

The radical infront was being shaken down by tim Harvey's son James? and one of the caterham championship guys behind me. Was slippy in the morning!

Weather not too bad in the end then?

Fingers crossed santa will be bringing you a GoPro for Christmas :d

• 6 months later...

Some footage of the RMA track day at Oulton Park yesterday. This was the day mentioned in the WSCC trackday thread by Steve Hewson - RMA allow passing on either side. What an awesome day! In addition, it was the first track day I have attended where there has been a McLaren participating. In fact, not just one, but three! Two MP12's, and a P1 *dribble*... That was in addition to all of the other exotica on track...

http://youtu.be/McZ-GkgDgcY

Happy days...:)

Thank you :blush:  

Yup, five speed dog... :yes:

Sounds like a good set of ratios Stu. Was that a Mclaren in the gravel at the end of the second vid? 

I know its not a westfield.

Thats me on the red Triumph 675.

Sounds like a good set of ratios Stu. Was that a Mclaren in the gravel at the end of the second vid? 

A Fezza - the one I hunted down at the start of the first vid mate...