The Video Thread

JeffC

Mixing with open wheelers is a bit unusual Stu. Looking good though.. :yes:

it is, but makes the vid look better when I'm passing proper race cars, lol!

..and here's a scary one from the same Aintree trackday. :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OSAQdGiXpE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1OSAQdGiXpE&app=desktop

I bet his ar5e bit a large chunk out of his seat! :d  I love the moment when just as it seems mother nature is going to decide where he is going to park, the roadway through the trees magically appears...and he just about gets through it!!! 

Sadly a Westfield took a major dive into the undergrowth, which was the reason for the stoppage on this vid. No one here, was it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stu999

• Andrew

• JeffC

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

I bet the guy doing the tree trimming bought a lotter ticket on his way home! You don't get much luckier than that. :o

tell you what that is a very fast straight at that track, I would imagine you can hit a naughty speed there.

and yeh that bloke was lucky, looks like he was thinking about what was for tea and forgot about the corner   :d  :d  :d

Sadly a Westfield took a major dive into the undergrowth, which was the reason for the stoppage on this vid. No one here, was it?

Mike to the forum... ;)  Apparently he got away with just a broken cycle wing bracket.

Luck chap too. :yes:

Sadly a Westfield took a major dive into the undergrowth, which was the reason for the stoppage on this vid. No one here, was it? Luckily it was out later, so not too bad...

Yep, that was me!! :oops:  :(  God knows what happened but in the end just had a broken cycle wing. And as you say I was back out again later but with a misfire that ended my day prematurely. :cry:

Yes with a passenger onboard I was Bottoming if I took the apex at Village. It had a dip there, I was OK if I went very wide.

made a dogs dinner of this run - note the jet taking off

Just stumbled across this one..

Jamie Morrow in amongst the GTs at Spa in the rain. He appears to go through the mid field like a dose of salts! :)  Then looks like he's suffering from short gearing as the track dries out? ???  Can anyone shed any light? Car spec etc?.. presume it must be a high power Duratec + sequential box?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0A8Kc41iPc

These Videos are great I wasted all of last night watching them and tonight is heading the same way.

One thing I have learnt from each one is I DEFINITELY NEED TO GROW A PAIR!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Another vid from a great day at Oulton Park Friday just gone.

A bit miffed my external mic didn't work, and this vid ends when gopro battery number two flattens. Pleased with the footage it is capturing though :-)

shame about the mic Stu :( , but car looks like its handling mint in the corners  :t-up:

really miss Oulton its been a long time since I was there  :down:  :down:  :down:

Another vid from a great day at Oulton Park Friday just gone.

A bit miffed my external mic didn't work, and this vid ends when gopro battery number two flattens. Pleased with the footage it is capturing though :-)

Good vid! :yes:

(Just watched one of your non-musical vids too)

Are you using the fully enclosed back on the gopro Stu? I don't have an external mic on mine, but using the enclosed back it doesn't pick up wind noise.. It picks up mainly transmission and engine sounds through the solid mount to the roll bar. While it's not a patch on a mic next to the throttles, it's not too bad either...   ???