• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• guy g

• steve wilson

• SteveD

Absolutely no wish to get caught in crossfire here, and as I've stated before I have b******* all knowledge of tyres and zero experience of racing. :blush:

There are two schools of thought;

1. Those on 13" who insist they are best despite going slowly

2. Those on 15" (and one some specific tyres) who beat all the 13" shod competitors by huge margins.

What's been given so far has been statements. What's been asked for is discussion/explanation. There's been no contradiction of the statements that I've seen in this thread, and I certainly am not contradicting. I'd be very interested though to find out why 15" wheels/tyres might be better than 13". And if 15" are better than 13" then surely it follows that 16" might be better than 15". If not it would be interesting to know why not  :durr:

What's been given so far has been statements. What's been asked for is discussion/explanation. There's been no contradiction of the statements that I've seen in this thread, and I certainly am not contradicting. I'd be very interested though to find out why 15" wheels/tyres might be better than 13". And if 15" are better than 13" then surely it follows that 16" might be better than 15". If not it would be interesting to know why not  

Having tried 13's 14's & 15's in list 1A 15's work best probably because:

1) more rubber in contact with the road for specified width

2) more progression in a slide (better design of carcass with latest technology)

3) More grip

4) better stability across temperature range

5) Less variation in tyre pressures with temperature changes

Hows that!

Its what your A*** feels that counts, so i'd suggest you get yours calibrated with Don Palmer. The science is boring!

They don't call me Windy cos I'm flatulent by the way!!!!!

:p  :)

Just to add my bit. I've just driven on my 205/50/15 list 1a toyos for the 1st time in a month today (road not track though) instead of my list 1b 32 r 13"s. The car was not nice. Very tail happy and not as progressive when stepping out under power. I have limited experience but I know what I feel... Anyone want any Team dynamics m/ sport wheels in anthracite with 2k mile toyo T1 s ??

Just to add my bit. I've just driven on my 205/50/15 list 1a toyos for the 1st time in a month today (road not track though) instead of my list 1b 32 r 13"s. The car was not nice. Very tail happy and not as progressive when stepping out under power. I have limited experience but I know what I feel... Anyone want any Team dynamics m/ sport wheels in anthracite with 2k mile toyo T1 s ??

But Scott, surely this is mainly down to the different tyre compounds, not the diameter of the wheel / tyres ???

If you had just been out on 15" 32R's would you still be getting rid of them?  

Comparing Toyo Proxy's to Yoko 32R's isn't really that fair - they are miles apart.

What's been given so far has been statements. What's been asked for is discussion/explanation.

I don't agree - I think the explanations are all here if you look.

Summed up neatly by Graham above for all those that can't/won't read the rest.

And if 15" are better than 13" then surely it follows that 16" might be better than 15".

and 20" better than 16" no doubt - I don't think so!!!

what about 18's can't see them mentioned they seem to work on my TVR with SO2's on  :0  ;)

Blatman Posted on April 02 2003,18:40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must be my shout then...........

What'll you have?  

Is it too late for a Double JD & Coke(easy on the Coke) :p

I was only offering Guy, but seeing as you've all asked so nicely.......... :0  :0

Anybody else......

I was only offering Guy, but seeing as you've all asked so nicely..........    

Anybody else......

Yes please but just one question,

which size glass is best, 13" or 15" ?  :blush:  :blush: