Hammy

Hi viewers , I've been asked for a bit more detail on the Engine:

here it is being used as a "mule" for measuring up - note the red top infill was swapped onto the engine I used in my car from this one, this, for sale motor,  now has a black one  . I also have a green alloy one ( needs painting) which i will throw in:

IMG_7285%20(Small).JPG

another trial fit type pic:

4068010147_b57ff532fa_z.jpg?zz=1

This is not the engine I eventaully fitted to my car as I'd already tarted the other one up before I bought this one ( http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hamhouse/westfield/upgrades/IMG_6633%20(Small).JPG ). I used it as a mule because i hadn't fitted the clutch and it was easy to pop it on and off the gearbox and it didn't matter if I scratched it.

And here wrapped for storage - bores oiled ( which you need to blow out!!)

9180232893_82e00eca10_z.jpg

9180232669_523e51785d_z.jpg

Has "vee" type front pulley * which can be swapped without undonig the dreaded centre bolt. It had a new cam belt before i bought it, but you'd want to swap that!

* doesn't include* manifolds, alternator, associated bracketry

*includes*

Dizzy and coil, starter motor, plug leads ( and plugs!), inbuilt crank sensor ( I stole the o ring seal for my car, oil pressure switch also loose),  alloy sump ( I've a spare too if you want that for butchery) thermostat housing ( and stat)  lightweight earlier type flywheel:

9182448524_9816f9ed84_z.jpg

For anyone sitting on the fence.... Yukspeed will sell you an inlet manifold, adapter plate, clutch ,release arm, spigot bearing etc to suit a type 9 gearbox.  The Westfield exhaust manifold fits narrow or wide cars (mine was a narrow).The engine so fitted in my car produced 164 BHP  on 45's (NMS figures) with no other mods and gives loads of torque. If you upgrade from a x/flow the hole in the bonnet lines up ok!

see my fitting thread : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hamhouse/westfield/upgrades/upgrade.htm

Paul 

Pm sent

Richard

I'll have the gearlever - if your willing to post please.

Thanks,

Stephen.

• 1 month later...

Hammy, Hi mate - the bonnet is a cracker - many thanks - sadly though it doesnt fit my car as I think it is for an SEi not an SE - it wont fit mine anyway - therefore can I shamelessly use the photo you posted originally and resurrect the thread to sell it to another member of the forum

Very nice red NArrow bonnet

Located NN3 (Northants)

£140 + Postage or can take to SS events

james 07811207274

The bonnet does fit an SE narrow - maybe you are not a hi line body ??? - I had it in mine - it might have relaxed a bit from hanging on the wall and be wider at the base now, , but it defo fits the narrow car!!

Ill look at post cost for the half shaft

Bonnet fitted !!!

8680412442_e95f5c97bf_z.jpg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.