Progression?

WINGNUT

Don't get me wrong...it would still be for sale at the right price but difference is that now I would only sell if I had enough money spare to sell and upgrade to a faster westfield ;)

Dave

I quite fancy a lotus 61

I quite fancy a lotus 61

Wouldn't we all!

I'd love a 1983 Mini Cooper... Brand new, built to my specification. Waxoyl from new... Etc!

Really would fancy a single sweater one day though

I have progressed from Westfield to single seater this year.  Open wheeled single seater at that.....

Dreamers.

Ambition drives prosperity

Though I would be dreaming to fit in one :)

Interesting thread, coming back to the initial post, I too fell into the Lotus option, thinking about a change of direction and maybe getting more use. I even thought I would use the Lotus all summer and focus all winter! With family Outlander for other family use

I soon fell out with the Lotus, just failed to put a smile on my face, to me an uninspiring drive. It was a pretty car but if I am honest found the focus more rewarding drive. Gear change appalling despite all the mods being done and adjustments made. Spoke to a Lotus design engineer who told me they were all like that. Toyota cars were better. I now understand why most 10 year old Elise will have a similar number of past owners!

Back to Westie ownership now and love every minute. To me the intimacy of the car is the attraction. A small change is instantly noticeable, soon puts a smile on my face!

Andy

I've been having TVR Chimaera thoughts along similar usage lines! Hopefully they will pass when I get the car back on the road.

my ears were burning :d

Ok let's put things from my perspective...

Had my car now 4.5 years - the car has been used consistently during my ownership and on average I have done about 4000 miles per year (with no tail off in usage)

So you can tell from that, the car is getting properly used (by Westfield standards anyway) - it is used mainly for road blatting and track days with usually a once a year road trip of note (last year a tour around Wales with more the same planned for June this year)

I am certainly not getting bored of the car - went out last week for a two hour blat with one of the local lads and I am organising a group blat for this Sunday morning - always come back with a grin on my face :devil:

I have a lot of time for the westfield club and the friends I have made because of it

Have I made myself clear :laugh:

..........................................................................................

Ok - so let me clarify why I am looking at a T350 or similar...

I have for many years drooled over  T350's - they look IMO the dogs danglies

I fancy doing some European road trips (Stelvio etc) and would not fancy doing that sorta distance in the westy (even a touring spec westy)

My hearing issues..

Many of you will know I have been struggling with my lug holes (tinitus) and the problems I seem to have after wearing earplugs (very sore ears - I have tried most types of plugs now as I sell them for a living) and have recently purchased a high end motorbike helmet to ease the situation

And to clarify my plans would be...

In an ideal world go out and buy the Trevor and keep the westy for track days and blatting (financially maybe not possible but will see how this year goes)

If I need to sell the Westy to initially part fund the TVR I will then at some point in the next 12 months look to buy another fast road/race spec westy with the exhaust on the other side away from my lug hole - maybe a nice zetec car etc

I will certainly be keeping the trailer, spare tyres and all my other kit ready for a speedy return

So there you have it - Cleggy has not lost his mojo for westies - far from it :t-up:

Almost guest levels of long windedness :laugh:;)

Interesting thread, coming back to the initial post, I too fell into the Lotus option, thinking about a change of direction and maybe getting more use. I even thought I would use the Lotus all summer and focus all winter! With family Outlander for other family use

I soon fell out with the Lotus, just failed to put a smile on my face, to me an uninspiring drive. It was a pretty car but if I am honest found the focus more rewarding drive. Gear change appalling despite all the mods being done and adjustments made. Spoke to a Lotus design engineer who told me they were all like that. Toyota cars were better. I now understand why most 10 year old Elise will have a similar number of past owners!

Back to Westie ownership now and love every minute. To me the intimacy of the car is the attraction. A small change is instantly noticeable, soon puts a smile on my face!

Andy

Andy

you are the chap from the start of the post, i spoke too regarding the vauxhall Westie as you were changing to a LOTUS :oops:

Cleggy

Swop you my ZETEC for your Duratec if you wish :p :p

Though I would be dreaming to fit in one :)

You'll fit in to this I'm sure, On Corrie apparently

Michelle-Keegan-Bikini-HQ--02-e135878105

Cheers Cleggy - can I come to wales with you Cambs lot???

• Like 1

Cheers Cleggy - can I come to wales with you Cambs lot???

oh yes - PM on it's way