• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Small Number Plates

Buzz Billsberry

For all of you who don't like the stick on number plates that U C  stuck across the nose cones of our beloved Westfields and think the normal type plastic number plate look 2 big on the front of the car, well I've foumd a company in Leeds that will make custom plates to any size design etc

I had a front number plate made up 420mm x 85mm with honey

comb back ground For  £12.00 and looks the DB's

Size  wise it looks in proportion to front of the car

not strictly legal but you can see the numbers from 75ft(same size as motor bike  number plates)

Contact

Mike Copland

Capital Numbers

0113 256 4354

or email him capitalnumbers@yahoo.co.uk

www.capitalnumbers.com

Regards Buzz :zzz:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Midds

• ian crocker

• Fat Arnie

• Horsebox

I've also had some small number plates made for front and rear and they look much better - BUT they are not legal and by law an MOT failure.

All car number plates have a legal size and letter spacing, size and height.

As they are in proportion with the car size - you'll probably not have any trouble from Plod - but if you get a jobsworth MOT tester -get some legal size plates made up to stick on for your test

You poor b*******s who have to run Q plates on your kit cars can't shorten them then?

What a darn shame.....

My plates are short and 100% V796 compliant - i.e. legal.

Midds,

Just looked at your site and I'm particularly impressed with Westfileds 9.8 sec 1/4 mile time.

Is this in the same car they also managed to build for £995 as depicted in their advert (see Here)

Arnie

Westfield don't mean you can build one for £995.  This winter season they are doing their starter packages in module form.  The first module (i believe basically the chassis) is what you get for your £995

AJ

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :p  :p  :zzz:

Well, no!

It is a fairly standard busa that MCN took to a drag strip and caned the crap out of (so I have heard) - 9.8 seems to be too fast to me, but hey!

Look at the Westfield site (link on my page) if you go to downloads, you can download a side image of a busa with 9.8secs 1/4 mile above it, so I assume it's true if they are flaunting it....

And if you could even buy a c******m headlight for £995 perhaps you would be out driving your beauty (and she is nice) instead of pestering us here because you wouldn't be worried about how much it would cost if you stacked the b*******.......  :zzz:

Only joking

Midds

:zzz:

The Home of the Westfield Megabusa

AJ,

Thats not what the ad says.

How many people would assume they can get a car for £995 - quite a few I think.

I think Westfiled have been equally devious regarding MegaBusa performance.  The 9.8 secs could only be the bike.  The car is simply too heavy for the given BHP.

I've got that article from MCN at home. They did time the car at 9.8, and the bike was very similar I recall, but I dont think they were using proper timing gear, hadnt accurately measured the distance etc etc.

Westfield siezed it as a great opportunity to use someone elses mistake for their own marketing benefit...

But in my opinion it's embarrassing and shouldnt be published when if you question the factory the will admit that it's very optimistic.

I'd expect to see 12's.

Cheers,

Horsebox.

Regarding the build from 995. Rubbish, if you think you could buy a complete Westfield for 995quid you should be reading Revs/Max Power etc etc. SVA is 165, Tax is 150, and a set of wheels and tyres would make up the rest of the 995...

9.8s! Erm, surely not! Maybe a Mega-turbo-busa on drag slicks. Perhaps it was recorded on datalogging and took 2.5s to register the wheel movement.....

I suspect it was a chalk white line across the runway at each end of the quarter mile and a bloke stood in the middle with a stopwatch and a pair of binoculars...

When I questionned it with someone at the factory they said "If they want to print that figure, then we certainly wont complain/correct them"

Ho hum...

Can't see why a 9.8 1/4 is so unbelievable??

An STi (in Aus) did a 9.8. Granted it had the advantage of AWD, but with c400bhp and a kerb weight of c1200kg its PWR was considerably inferior to a Megabusa?

Well, it takes serious power to break low 11s. Arnie and Ian are more the expert on 1/4 mile times but from what I've seen you need more than 300bhp to crack 11s in a sevenesque car. The BDR700 we saw the other day has ~315bhp and a claimed weight of around 430kg, that was hitting mid 10s. I can't see a 180bhp Busa getting near that let alone nearly a second down the road. The Busa's I've seen do low 12s, anything quicker than that and I'd expect that they've been breathed on.