Three Hills Challenge 2003

windy

I was speaking to the marshalls today at Mallory Park and recognised a few faces present from the 3 hills event. They were telling me that in addition to the Thursday, Friday & Saturday hill climbs next year there will also be a night time sprint on the sea front in Douglas (Thursday evening). It won't be just a Santa Pod style drag race either, and will include chicanes / corners etc. Yes - i did say night time - so you will have to make sure the Westfield has some proper lights on it so you can see far enough ahead whilst travelling at 100+ mph. :)  :)  :)  :)  :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• SteveD

• windy

• Buzz Billsberry

The hills I did this year are enough of a reason to go back, this is more of a topping on the IOM cake.

It appears most of those who went are interested in a return trip and although it was expensive with the ferry crossing and accomodation it was an experience and a half.

Steve D says he will return to us for this trip, not sure if thats a good thing or not !

me returning  ??? i have not gone yet mr mason  :arse: you know you will miss me  ;) mmmmmmmmmmmm ilse of man in me elan ahhhhhhhhhhhhh summer sun stella and the smell of stinkin sea weed cant wait to go back  :D oh and no welsh boy ,bl**** brilliant  :arse:

I'm not sure what the charge is for the 4th event. Let's hope you "buy 3, get 4th free"?

How much would it cost to do 4 separate events on the mainland anyway?

Hope we get an invite in 2003 - cos I wanna go.

Only one small glitch - Stoneleigh Sunday  :arse:  :arse:  ???

Wanted - a Volunteer or three to sort out Sunday Stoneleigh until the troops arrive back from the Isle of Man  :D  :)  ;)

Excellent news Windy!  Do you think they will be putting the horses to bed early?  I look forward to getting my tyres sliding over the tram lines etc.....

I have one small problem - a bl**** wedding planned for the 10th May (not mine - I have a unique, yet small and angry woman already) - do we have any idea of dates yet?

On the accomodation front - how about getting a pad that sleeps 10 or so and sharing the cost?  Mr D can park his van on the drive and fart the night away with gay abandon!

If you do manage to find a suitable lodging - can I come and hook up my mobile tent  :D  ;)  :)  I promise I'll use my 50 metre extension lead and snore as quietly as possible  :p  :D  :)  ;)  :devil:  :devil: Must take that tape off my lights for the evening doings.

Dates should be similar to 2002 - week before May day Weekend - We're still awaiting our official invites from the organising clubs from most of 2003 events.  ???  ???  :)  ;)

Sounds like fun count me in, and yes if we can hire a hugh Gaff out to get all the WSCC boys in... would be a bonus.

Might have Kylie back to normal by then :(  thats if she's out of theropy of course

Buzz :(

Buzz- You gotta send me some money first for your presentation ticket  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :)  :devil: before you got any chance of getting Kenneth back  :p  :devil:  :D  :p  :devil:

Sent an email to Mandy Manton (Manx Motor Racing Club) about the 3 hills giving some feedback on some points for discussion based on all our experiences of this years event. Of course I was complimentary about most things but I asked about some other issues such as cost of ferry fares & the problem of not being able to transport fuel to the island etc to which she replied:

Dear Mr. Millar,

Thank you for your useful email.

I am sorry that you found the travel so expensive. It has been an issue which we wish to address for next year.

We plan the Three Hills Event for 2003 inApril 24th. - 26th. incl. We hope to include a sprint as well!  We are currently in talks with the Steam Packet about getting discounted fares.  The details will come with the regulations, just after Christmas.

The issue of carrying extra fuel in cans is a security rule applied by the Steam Packet Ferry Co.

We feel that the whole event was a great success and we look forward to an even bigger Three Hills in 2003.

Yours sincerely

Mandy Manton

Secretary.

Some of your questions answered I guess.

Do the dates clash with Stoneleigh?

Regards

Windy

Do the dates clash with Stoneleigh?

Don't know Stoneleigh is usually Sunday/Monday of May Day Bank Holiday weekend.

Don't care, gonna save my pennies and go to Isle of Man  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :p  ;)  :)

Doesn't look like it. MayDay next year is the 5th.........of May...........at least, according to my trusty Micro$oft calendar it is..............

Im definately interested in IOM for 2003, yes its expensive but life's too short. Count me in for shared accomodation if it can be arranged. :D

Linds

David Uren, Philip & Richard found a place last year. Was it big enough to take a few more? I may be interested in a similar place if I can't get the same place again. Getting into the driveway at the B&B was awkward for ground clearance so perhaps I'll look at alternative places for next year?

Windy