North Oxford Area Meet - 26th June 2013

KugaWestie

Hi everyone, I've just joined and posted in the Newbies section. I live in the Witney area, and have just got myself a Megablade. I have a possible overheating issue to sort out, maybe just an airlock, the car has been standing for a while. If its running ok I will join you, just fill me in nearer the time, thnx. 

Any ideas on the overheating appreciated. It runs very cool 45 deg when its moving, but temperature climbed quickly in traffic, I took a quick detour to cool it down. Maybe the fan would have kicked in if I had waited but didn't want to risk it £££!, cheers.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CL290005

• KugaWestie

• Geoff101

• richandria

Grommit

Welcome hope you can make it your attendance will swell our numbers LOL

Overheating does sound more like there is an airlock at least that's what I would be looking at first.

Look forward to meeting you on 26th

Chris

Any ideas on the overheating appreciated. It runs very cool 45 deg when its moving, but temperature climbed quickly in traffic, I took a quick detour to cool it down. Maybe the fan would have kicked in if I had waited but didn't want to risk it £££!, cheers.

45 deg is really low, are you sure it has a thermostat in it? Also I would check if the fan does work by getting out a multimeter or a camping stove and pan of water to the garage.

45 deg is really low, are you sure it has a thermostat in it? Also I would check if the fan does work by getting out a multimeter or a camping stove and pan of water to the garage.

Not sure yet, I've only had it since Sunday, I will be taking the nose off in the morning to see what's going on, I can't risk running it for long if it's overheating. Hopefully it will be something easy (and cheap!) I will let you know what I find, thanks.

BTTT

There is a good chance that I will be without the Westfield next week if everything goes to pplan in the next few days. I will know by Thursday.

If this is the case - anyone fancy picking me up from Kidlington?

Gary

I will pick you up if no one from your side can assist, it will depend a bit on the weather though, pm your address

Chris

Gary

I will pick you up if no one from your side can assist, it will depend a bit on the weather though, pm your address

Chris

Thanks Chris - got a spare lid?

I have a spare large so ok there, you can see what Ford power is like!

I am going to have to dip out Weds night, sorry guys.

Have fun, I am sure you will!

I am going to have to dip out Weds night, sorry guys.

Have fun, I am sure you will!

I thought I was picking you up!

I thought I was picking you up!

You were - now got a meeting at 5pm in Central London, not going to be finished until around 8pm  :(

Late thought

I have just heard Silverstone is opening its gates on Thursday Evening 7.00pm as Sky1 are talking to the drivers should we delay our meeting/drive and go to this event as a group?

Chris

I can't guarantee to make Thursday night. I won't know until tomorrow afternoon (by which time it's a bit late).