Lady Thatcher`s funeral next Wenesday

Graham0127

Personally I don't think we should pay anything, what ever she did good or bad, she was doing a job that she was well paid for.

Can't see anyone paying for mine, that said when I'm brown bread, not bothered if I'm chucked in a wheelie bin  :ghostface:

Personally I don't think we should pay anything, what ever she did good or bad, she was doing a job that she was well paid for.

Can't see anyone paying for mine, that said when I'm brown bread, not bothered if I'm chucked in a wheelie bin  :ghostface:

She wasn`t just doing a job...unlike most of us,who just go through the motions....Lady Thatcher dedicated 33 years of her life to her constituents and the electorate that put her in her position...

Not a job any of us would want.

The government will take our 18p anyway......like it or not ! :(

I`m sure when you meet your end,there will be someone who respects you enough to pay for a memorable send off. :laugh:  :laugh:

MP's being paid up to £3000. for going to the funeral!!

Source? Surely any MP wouldn't be that stupid these days... would they?!

MP's being paid up to £3000. for going to the funeral!!

Christ,takes me a week of breaking my back to earn that........

Or is that Labour MPs.......?

Even better, MPs who attended the recall today are entitled to claim up to £3,750 in travel expenses - why couldn't they just have waited until Monday?

I said it's a state funeral in all but name.

Steve, don't go yet, you've my roll bar to paint in May.

Scott, as long as it's British real ale.

She wasn`t just doing a job...unlike most of us,who just go through the motions....Lady Thatcher dedicated 33 years of her life to her constituents and the electorate that put her in her position...

Not a job any of us would want.

The government will take our 18p anyway......like it or not ! :(

I`m sure when you meet your end,there will be someone who respects you enough to pay for a memorable send off. :laugh:  :laugh:

Mine will be memorable alright, Bermuda shorts, Hawaiian shirts and calypso music!  :p

Even better, MPs who attended the recall today are entitled to claim up to £3,750 in travel expenses - why couldn't they just have waited until Monday?

Scott, £3750 may seem a lot,but,have you tried to hire a private jet to fly you home from the Seychelles. :cool:  :down:

Surely our MPs are worth it ? :oops:

`stuff and nonesense`

Scott, £3750 may seem a lot,but,have you tried to hire a private jet to fly you home from the Seychelles. :cool:  :down:

Surely our MPs are worth it ? :oops:

`stuff and nonesense`

Not for me to say of course, just to inform and enlighten. ;)

The difference for a proper state funeral, is the body will lay in state in Westminster Hall, the other difference is that an act of parliament is required for a state funeral.

You then get into the differences between horses and matelots pulling the coffin

And i know a lot about them, I have been on standby for the last year for a state funeral.  Stepped down only in February,

AJ, you're getting semantic now.  :)

I can't remember any other PM getting this level of funeral other than Churchill.