Lady Thatcher`s funeral next Wenesday

Graham0127

No that is true, and I am far too young to comment on what she did for the country but if the Monarch has offered it, then I do not see an issue with it.  And to be fair thatchers is not as big as Churchills, and we do not know what will happen when the more modern Ministers go

Ah AJ....hence `lying in state`.Clarity at last.Thank goodness, someone knows the difference. :d

Therefore, finally we can put it all to rest......

It`s official and you heard it here.......Lady Thatcher is NOT having a State funeral, :down:  :(  :down:

Well to be honest no one since Thatcher deserves anything but a friends and family send off.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she shouldn't be shown respect, only that I think it's going too far.

So are we giving this thread a state funeral now?

Only if you can provide a gun carriage.

Turned out well in the end, protesters, if there were any, were invisible and inaudible and Mrs T got the send off she deserved.  

apparently there was something about wearing a red coat in protest?

I wondered why people were giving me the thumbs up all day in Liverpool ... I had no idea

Whatever your views on Mrs Thatcher, I think that she was one of a kind, and since her, we have not had a single prime minister with the balls that she had.

Yes, some things were better than others when she was in power, but this is not a political thread from me - and you are free to argue amongst yourselves 'til the cows come home about what was wrong and what was right.

The funeral was to celebrate her life, and the fact that she stood up for our country on the world stage. For that, she deserves a bl**** good send-off.

I thank you.

• Like 1

Has she gone now?

Can I start watching the telly again?

Has she gone now?

Can I start watching the telly again?

Yes she`s gone,but will never be forgotten......probably remembered & read about by generations to come. :)

As for telly ........Is there anything worth watching these days ? :(

Nope