Lady Thatcher`s funeral next Wenesday

Graham0127

Well, we all know she has died and Norman needs a new topic...???

I have just heard the funeral will cost about  £10 million.The family have said they will make a contribution towards costs.....only fair...yes ??????

Well I think we,the nation should pay.

How many other members are happy for some of their taxes  to go towards costs.?

Very very painful to my pocket...family of 5 =90 pence.

So for 18 pence per person in the UK we can give her the send off she deserves.

I`d happily pay £10 per head..... ;)  

Didn`t much like Tony Blair,but even he`s worth that. :yes:

Awaiting fallout !

Don't normally get involved with these topics and too young to really remember her as PM in her hay day as I'm only 39 but my Dad was a miner and her name wasn't praised in my household.

But at the end of the Day she shaped the way Britain is today and I will stick my neck out and say for the better and had Balls unlike the current or previous PMs after her.

I'm going to leave it there apart from £10 a head? Yep I would defo cough that up IF it was a public bank holiday.

Nathan.

the send off she deserves.

I think you'll find widely differing opinions on what, exactly, she deserves.

I doubt the real cost is £10 million. What they do is count the cost of the military personnel as if they wouldn't get paid if they weren't on duty for the funeral. Then the cost of Westminster Abbey as if it wouldn't cost anything if there wasn't a funeral.

There is a cost caused by the closure of the roads but there's no bill for that, it's absorbed by the people being inconvenienced.

I do not begrudge her a decent funeral but question that this has turned into a state funeral in everything but name. I'm not sure she's eligible for a state funeral.

Disaster....

No Fly Past.

Apparently she didn`t want one.

Didn`t want a State funeral.....that`s why she`s not getting one !

I think it's great. I'd probably go if I wasn't at work. Due to who she was it could never be a small deal. Even if that's just to keep mentalists away. I really hope it won't be spoiled by some horrible oiks most likely born after she left office.

• Like 1

Graham, kindly tell me the difference between what's been planned for her funeral and a funeral called "state". Having been at the last one, Winston Churchill's, it doesn't look much different to me.

can i have a state funeral

I think it's great. I'd probably go if I wasn't at work. Due to who she was it could never be a small deal. Even if that's just to keep mentalists away. I really hope it won't be spoiled by some horrible oiks most likely born after she left office.

I`ll be at St Pauls...well as near possible.Was at St Pauls when Charles and Diana married.Worked in the City about 5 minute walk away....stood for a couple of hours,no more than 20 feet away.Glad to be able to say `I was there`.

Hopefully no scumbags around to ruin the day.

to be honest i dont want one , but i would love one for my dog after all he has done for me

Graham, kindly tell me the difference between what's been planned for her funeral and a funeral called "state". Having been at the last one, Winston Churchill's, it doesn't look much different to me.

The title is important. It's not a state funeral.

I have left enough money behind in my will so that all who attend my funeral will drink themselves into a state - does that count?

• Like 2

Norman,like you,I believe all I am told.....The media have made it clear (as mud) that it wont be a State funeral as that`s not what she wanted & State funerals are reserved for (real) royalty.Who am I to question the powers tht be?? :d  :d

And Steve,who`s to say `the rules won`t change`...........

Perhaps the quality of your repairs will earn you one :p  :p  :p  :p ?

I have left enough money behind in my will so that all who attend my funeral will drink themselves into a state - does that count?

:d  :d  :d  :d  Very good Scott