Westfield Insurance Hike

JamieRedtop

Good point on the driving to work front, Dave.  I have (eventually) learned over the years that the best thing to do when getting an insurance quote is tell them absolutely everything about the car and what you intend to do with it, even if they don't ask - ESPECIALLY if they don't ask!  Also, get the name of the person you're talking to, and repeat it fairly often back to them so they know you're on the ball.

Footman James

Before we devolve into idle speculation once more about a company that (personally speaking, looked after me well for the first five years of kit car ownership), can I just post up a link to Mark Stanton's post from early March. (Mark who deals with all our sponsors etc and knows the guys well spent a lot of time personally speaking to them and finding out the facts)

Statement here

got my renewal from a-plan today, bearing in mind it was £ 170 approx last year, the renewal was £417!!!!! guess who will be getting a phone call tomorrow at 9am!!

Frank Pickles £200 for the motor home, best quote ringing round £700...

• 1 year later...

Frank Pickles won't cover a Westfield worth over £14K 8-(

Maybe they will this year.

I got the definite feeling you fall into quite a different category insurance wise when you exceed a certain level. As part of the planning and during the build of mine, I spoke to A Plan a number of times. Although the cost was fine, due to an unusual combination of issues too long and boring to detail here, talking with A Plan, we realised the only companies that would cover my Mega S2000, all demanded a minimum of a CAT2 immobiliser. (that's after them initially demanding a CAT1 alarm - till A Plan explained to them how silly that was on a Westfield!)

Still, by finding out early, at least it meant the immobiliser could be built in from the start.

• Like 2

Frank pickles for the last 4 years and just over £100 pa

Its due soon so hopefully itll remain that way

Just renewing mine with A-Plan, same cover for the same premium as last year.....£115 result .....

• Like 1

My A-Plan renewal quote is in the post apparently so it'll be interesting to see how much it is. I have however had a frustrating couple of phone calls today swapping over my road car insurance and very reluctant to give them my business again.

Got a quote from A-Plan yesterday same price as last year,but still gonna phone Frank Pickles. I gave up on FJ a couple of years ago,way to expensive.

All ways been with A plan £143 this year

A-Plan will insure mine on limited mileage for less than Backford Bloor charge for 'laid-up' (i.e. garaged permanently) cover!

Just renewed mine with A-Plan and £96 (£3 cheaper than last year) :)

Insurance premiums should be going down as they tighten up on "scams" and false claims but just happy to stay around the same ballpark figure.