KitFest - Castle Combe - Sat 19th July 2014

M444TTB

I jsut spotted this on the Castle Combe Circuit website. Seems to be a new Action Day event for 2014 and is supported by KitCar Magazine.

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=712

Would there be interest in a club stand? I'm assuming it woudl be the usual Action Day deal of 12x free tickets per stand (could have a stand per area if required I presume) and track time is £25 per session (if 15 mins I assume). Not cheap buy a session to break up the day could be fun.

Cotswold Club normally put a club stand together but for the last couple of years there hasn't been much interest.

If you can get enough numbers, go for it 

It look slike it's free entry if you just turn up in a kit car anyway. Might be worth doing and tryign to grab some track time on the day. Saves it being a wet day and nobody turning up on the stand.

I saw this the other day, I'd be up for it.. and have a couple of little sessions on track.

Be happy to help you organise matt or something? (I'll pop Andrew Cotswold AO and email)

I've asked for more info so we'll see what we get. I'd love a nice warm day at Castle Combe. Action days can be great.

Isn't that where I first met you Matt with a pug club meet at an action day? Lol

Yep! I ran those for the PGAC then BMWOwner.com / e36couoe.com for years and years. Falling interest made me give up in the end. The Performance day in particular ended up with a lot of stupid kids in 1.0 Lupos etc too. That and they took the p*** on track time pricing.

As Matt says CC has upped the  session price over the last few years and  trebled the number of cars on each session, they used to have a max of 12 cars per session.  I wouldn't call it a trackday now, it's just taster sessions.  If there are stoppages through accidents or breakdowns the sessions don't even last 15mins. Last time I was there my session lasted 11 minutes.

If you go back to say 2000 the the volume of cars was silly but it was cheap. The. They reduced the volume a lot and you could pick up £15 sessions. Perfect just to do a couple and enjoy the rest of your day. Then year on year the volume of cars increased as did the price. They also became much stricter on stopping sessions to keep it all running to time.

Yep I remember those days Matt :) good times, now it's like honing round cheltenham on a Sunday nigh lol

Looks like a possible event! Its my local track so would be able to attend.

No further interest? I'll be attending anyway.

I'll be interested to pop down, however, my first child is due on the 21st of July so there is no hope of it being all day..

Some more infor I've been emailed today:

kitfest%20(600pxl).jpg

Castle Combe Action Days in association with Kitcar Magazine are delighted to announce a brand new show for 2014.  Born entirely from consultation with the kit car community, we believe KitFest will combine all the very best ingredients to appeal to owners, builders, manufacturers and enthusiasts of kit, replica and unique self-built cars.

So, what can I expect from KitFest?...

• FREE Admission and Display Parking for drivers arriving with their kit car
  • FREE Owner’s Club Stands with no limit to number of cars on display
  • HUGE Trade Village and manufacturers giving demo rides
  • 15-minute track sessions running all day
  • Exclusive Track Sessions available to Owner’s Clubs
  • Slower Track Sessions with Pace Car; no overtaking
  • Drifting Displays from the Drift Battles
  • Camping on Friday and Saturday night
  • Tavern Bar and Restaurant open until late with live music on Saturday night
  • Arrive ‘n’ Drive Karting on Friday evening and Saturday morning
  • Free Admission for children aged 16 years and under
  • Early Booking Discounts

I'm in! How do I book? 

Owner's Club Displays
If you are planning to be part of an Owner’s Club display, download the KitFest Owner’s Club Booking Form here and liaise with your club representative. The Early Bird deadline for applications is Monday 19th May so please book now and avoid the last minute rush...!
NB. Please DO NOT register on the online booking system for free admission and display parking if your car is going to be part of an Owner's Club display. You will get free admission and vehicle entry as part of the club stand booking.

Not Part of Owner's Club BUT Coming in a Kit Car?...
If you are not part of a club display but you would like admission into the Kit Car Display Area then please register online for free admission and display parking (see the KitFest webpage. Free entry is only applicable for pre-registered applications. Entry on the day is £5 per Kit Car driver (including car).

Passenger/Additional Admission Tickets?...
Club stand registration / online pre-registered admission for kit car owners admit the kit car and it's driver ONLY. Additional passengers and guests will need to order admission tickets from the KitFest webpage.
NB – If booking a camping package please remember these include a single adult admission pass.

Camping...
We have put together a great value camping package starting at just £20 (advanced price valid up to Monday 19th May inclusive) for 2-nights camping just metres from the action!
Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
See the KitFest webpage
for full information and to book online.

Track Action...
Fancy getting out on track and putting your kit car / replica through its paces! Now's your chance as Castle Combe Circuit opens up the international race circuit for 15-minute track sessions througout the day!
Take advantage of the early bird discounts and purchase your track sessions now! Full details on the KitFest webpage

Trade...
Full details coming soon... please keep your eyes on the KitFest webpage or contact Castle Combe Circuit on 01249 782417 to register your interest.

• Like 1

I'll drop the appropriate WSCC people an email (plus Tony Sighe as he has always organised these events I think) and we can get on an make it happen.