Jump to content

February 2021


Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster

233 views

 Share

February 6th, 2021

Spend: £38.58

 

Using Cardboard Aided Design to get the size right of the side panels.  Thankfully they are symmetrical so I only had to do this once.

 

2021-02-06 11.02.17.jpg

 

Then transferring this to the stitched fabric.

 

965575710_2021-02-0611_02_25.jpg 809031113_2021-02-0611_07_34.jpg

 

And then the moment supreme, does it fit?

 

2021-02-06 11.23.59.jpg

 

It does!  After that, the tunnel top is easy peasy.

 

2021-02-06 12.04.02.jpg

 

 

February 7th, 2021

Spend: £0.00

 

Cleaned the car and masked off one side of the interior in prep for spray glue.  Never done this before so decided to try it in two halves.

 

2021-02-07 12.24.56.jpg 2021-02-07 12.27.07.jpg 2021-02-07 12.27.10.jpg

 

This turned out not the best tactic, but any excess glue was quickly wiped off.  And then I realised I'd completely forgotten to clear the harness bolt holes, so poked the holes through and put some bolts in to ensure they remain accessible.

 

2021-02-07 12.42.18.jpg

 

Leaving the other half for next week.

 

2021-02-07 12.45.44.jpg

 

 

February 11th, 2021

Spend: £0.00

 

2021-02-11 15.39.07.jpg

 

A quick hour in the garage after work to glue the other side of the tunnel on.  This time went really smooth doing it all in one go.

 

 

February 13th, 2021

Spend: £13.95

 

Braving the cold to get started on the back panel and floor carpets, but gave up as I just couldn't use my fingers anymore.  Also had to order more velcro.

 

2021-02-13 14.02.33.jpg

 

 

February 14th, 2021

Spend: £0.00

 

2021-02-14 12.22.58.jpg 2021-02-14 12.23.06.jpg 2021-02-14 13.17.26.jpg

 

Installed the press fasteners that I still had left over, only to discover that I needed another pair to reduce the lifting of the top panel in between handbrake and gearstick.  Ah well, this gives me the opportunity to spend some time with my other love 😇 on valentine's day...

 

 

February 17th, 2021

Spend: £6.99

 

Press fasteners arrived, so I obviously couldn't wait to complete what I wanted to complete last weekend.

 

2021-02-17 15.28.33.jpg 2021-02-17 15.54.34.jpg 2021-02-17 16.00.26.jpg

 

Glue can now nicely cure before the weekend again.

 

 

February 18th, 2021

Spend: £0.00

 

Couldn't wait till the weekend so decided to fold around the handbrake and gear stick holes.  Using some tape to keep the folded flaps in place until the glue has hardened

 

2021-02-18 15.42.25.jpg

 

 

February 19th, 2021

Spend: £50.66

 

2021-02-19 15.48.31.jpg

 

Still need to fold and glue the sides, but here's a quick look at the nearly finished article whilst also showing off the new handbrake gaiter and gear knob.  I also have a new gear stick gaiter, but it's way too big so I may have to ditch that.  Anyone interested in a nice gear stick gaiter with purple stitching? ;) 

 

 

February 20th, 2021

Spend: £7.99

 

2021-02-20 11.59.04.jpg 2021-02-20 12.21.09.jpg

 

Prepped the bottom side ready for spray glue and then got to it.  Taped it all up and hopefully tomorrow the glue has hardened enough to see the final result.

 

Then went back to the carpets and completed the final few bits and put some more velcro on the back panel.  Tomorrow will do the same for the bottom pieces.

 

2021-02-20 13.47.04.jpg 2021-02-20 14.28.44.jpg

 

 

February 21st, 2021

Spend: £0.00

 

2021-02-21 14.20.11.jpg

 

2021-02-21 14.20.23.jpg

 

Still need to do the footwells, but the rest is finished.  Smart!

 

 

February 27th, 2021

Spend: £18.86

 

Before I have seats in the way, I thought it would be a good time to fix the remote gear linkage.  When I collected the car the reverse gear was incredibly difficult to engage, and after doing a little research (and having the tunnel cover off) I discovered that the bushes holding the linkage on the gearbox where perished.  So this week I've been removing the linkage and ensuring that all adjustment bolts can turn freely before putting it back in again, along with new poly bushes.

 

1967915457_2021-02-2415_29_45.jpg 2021-02-26 16.05.42.jpg

 

 

February 28th, 2021

Spend: £145.76

 

New footwell rubber mats made and fixed with velcro to the floor.

 

2021-02-28 16.48.35.jpg

 

Now I can finally install my Christmas present, an OMP Trecento steering wheel fitted to a steering boss extender.  And a new gear stick gaiter that fits.  Now all we need are seats and harnesses.

 

2021-02-28 16.48.42.jpg 2021-02-28 16.48.51.jpg

 

 

 

Last month: £   378.64

This month: £   282.79
            ----------+
Total:      £   661.43

  • Like 3
 Share

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.