a plan insurance

The Cheese

I totally agree with Stephenh and insure ally car and motorhome using A Plan. I have had 2 small claims which were not fault and they dealt with them brilliantly and recovered my excesses and arranged repairs. Its not all about cheapness but how quick someone answers the phone and calls you back but in my case A Plan were also cheapest and gave free advice including on my grandaughters learner and new driver insurance.I will be staying with them!

• Like 1

But some of us are not getting any benifit for insuring Westfield cars with APlan and being a member of WSCC with the discount that was in my mind promised..This is not about insuring other cars or houses with A plan.

I dont understand why you are not getting the WSCC member discount?

I am very happy with APlan and have both my Westfield and my Lancia 037 r insured with them always had good service and constant contact whilst I got the Lancia through the import and registration process at very reasonable rates . Unfortunately they couldn't match my road car insurance but they did try , I'm not bothered about that .

If other people aren't happy as the majority are just go somewhere else and don't bleat about it , although I suppose it depends on how much discount you think you are entitled to .

Insurance companys are businesses which i think prople tend to forget.

Yes there will always be times where your not happy about something for one reason or another, but they are there to make money at the end of the day and wouldnt be there if they didnt.

I remember when i was 20 i bought an rx8 insured by flux. Got charged £45 for a change of adress with them. 

My point is that to be competitive and cheap they have to charge extra for admin fees when changes are made. Its how businesses make there money.

Personaly so long as they are there when / if i should ever need them for a claim i have no issue with paying an admin fee if changes are needed.

I am with A-plan for the westy, audi and the works van and the service i recieved was second to none, every other company for me in my experiance treated me as a number not a person which i regard as priceless

1 hour ago, terry everall said:

I dont understand why you are not getting the WSCC member discount?

I asked about the discount and was told that they had applied it. Well why are you more costly than the quote from Adrian Flux then, pause pause pause we can't match that quote. Not even with the discount, er no. What about throwing something free then say breakdown insurance, sorry we can't match that quote. Well why has it increased more than inflation then, er that is the best quote we can offer you from the search that we have carried out and the government did increase the tax on car insurance this year. Does the no claims bonus not help in bring down the renewal cost, sorry sir that the best quote we can offer you. Well what about increasing the yearly mileage for me free of charge, sorry that's the best offer we have at the moment.

:getmecoat:

was it the Thatcham office you spoke to? 

4 hours ago, CraigHew said:

was it the Thatcham office you spoke to? 

I like going in there and seeing the lovely ladies in there. All out of my league mind you, but its worth the £35 admin fee just for that :d

• Like 1

They were in the WSCC marquee at Stoneleigh last year....:yes:

2 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

They were in the WSCC marquee at Stoneleigh last year....:yes:

Why do you think I am there on Sunday, its not to see you WSCC rabble :p

• Haha 1