3rd Sept Ashbourne to Tatenhill Airfield to check out a self build Plane!

AndrewBClarke

Go and put the kettle on, there are a lot of pictures. Many, many thanks to Andrew and family for flights, food, taxi rides to the club house, everything. It had been a truly marvellous day.We met Andrew, who delights in doing the panorama dance, in Ashbourne.

DSC01578.JPG

We had a little photo shoot before the flight.

DSC01585.JPG

DSC01590.JPG

DSC01591.JPG

DSC01593.JPG

Then it was time to fly. There are 3 screens to display, the engine data, the pilot information (speed, height etc) and the map.

DSC01600.JPG

We went over Blithfield Reservoir, we drove along the road that cuts right across it last week on Trevor's run.

DSC01616.JPG 

Past the JCB factory

DSC01628.JPG

Past Alton Towers. We drove past all these last week

DSC01634.JPG

Horsey time

DSC01645.JPG

DSC01648.JPG

DSC01650.JPG

St Georges Park football centre

DSC01651.JPG

Coming in to land

DSC01660.JPG

DSC01662.JPG

Out of the plane to a nice surprise, Dave and Ian had joined us.

DSC01664.JPG

Charlotte's colouring skills

DSC01667.JPG

DSC01671.JPG

It's was not over yet

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Holy cow, pink nose has pink wings too @IanK

Looks really cool :t-up:

And has done for over a week. It 'came out' for the first time at the Gold Cup last weekend. Glad you approve. Now get back to cleaning the vomit express :d

• Like 1

We went for a bbq, that Michael expertly cooked. There was plenty to go round and Glen and I decided we could not possibly eat any more, so we would be polite and share a hot dog. I somehow returned with 2 hotdogs, oops, but they we delicious. Martyn and Sue had their flight, followed by Andy and Becky. Ian had to go, just leaving Dave and it would be a shame for him to go alone, so I bagged another flight, champion.

Power station

DSC01680.JPG

The airport

DSC01694.JPG

Dave had spotted the Air Ambulance helicopter on the ground with 2 ambulances. Then we had to look for another plane, which we found to our right, at the end of the wing.

DSC01706.JPG

Not an impostor this week, but the real Dave Eastwood.

DSC01710.JPG

Landing for the second time

DSC01712.JPG

That just leaves me to say thank you, again, I can't thank you enough Andrew, you are an absolute star.

• Like 7

Landing and take off the best bits, here is the take off

• Like 1

Ah, the infamous double hot dog for Julie!

IMG_1295.JPG

note how poor Glen just gets a bun and some sauce!

There's a runway down there somewhere, banking as we descend..

IMG_1311.JPG

• Haha 2

WOW, what a fantastic day we've all had today:t-up: I can't believe what kind and generous people belong,and support this club that we are in. I join the others in thanking Andrew and his family for making today a very enjoyable one, take care all till we meet again, Thanks Andy & Becky

• Like 3

So, how come Julie gets a big sausage and Glen just gets the sauce ? ........................ oh................. that sounds a bit wrong.......................:d

Julie did try and explain why her bun had two sausages and Glen's none, but it wasn't very convincing :p

IMG_1296.JPG

i thinks she's seen the look of disbelief on our faces at this point!

• Haha 2

It's her 'emergency' bun technique. She always keeps an extra bun in hand, then there's an excuse to have seconds, thirds etc!:)

• Haha 2