Is your heating on yet?

TAFKARM

You get to learn (and chase) the price of crude oil very well :)

• Like 1

Not a chilly as it is on Feb 14th, but that's another story...

:(

Thought you might be :p

• Like 1

(Well, hoped you might be...) :o

I've had a quick look into these fancy smart thermostats, the idea of creating zones with TRV's linked to the wifi are genuinely a cost saving idea. Trouble is with all new technology is you pay through the nose for it and the technical support is crap. I was looking at a £500 to do it in a few rooms so decided to wait.

Oh and yeh the heating is on, the missus has still got a blanket/hoody/fluffy socks on and is giving me regular updates on her temperature.

• Like 1

Heatings on between 6 and 7 am. And now there are cloths on all the radiators! My wife was on the sofa watching strictly with a hot water bottle and a duvet. My boys where running about just in there pants. I was as always fine. How we all have different tolerances. Just most women's are very narrow.

Do the words 'tolerance' and 'women' belong in the same sentence without the negating prefix 'in...' ???

Its lucky that readers of this forum are 99.5% men.. The 0.5% are trying to work out why the bank account is constantly emply.

Do the words 'tolerance' and 'women' belong in the same sentence without the negating prefix 'in...' ???

Yes ... they have none for cold :0

The heating box think is its 19c in my house at the mo ... frankly it's baltic

Mine will complain at anything more than 25 degrees on holiday. and ideally the house should be at 18+. I woke up at 4am today melting as the heating had been switched on for an hour. As it was cold!

I need to revise my answer...

My boiler has just S*** the bed.

Is there a plumber in the house? I need to learn about boilers in a hurry...  :bangshead:  :swear:  :sheep:  :arse:

Here is a photo of the fuel pump in my garage. Can anybody tell me how old it is?

BBF6744F-5B37-4F1E-8D7F-30DACCA1FC6D_zps

Really old. Does it say anything on the filter vessel?

In other news, the glass has cracked in the wood burner so the heating is now ON. But only until I defrost then Im turning it off again.