Is your heating on yet?

TAFKARM

Just gave in...................... damn menopausal wife................... ???

Mine gives off the equivalent heat to a small nuclear reactor.  There must be some way of monetising that.... :laugh:

• Like 2

I put ours on as soon as we got home from Anglesey, on Sunday evening. Downstairs radiators only just yet though.

I'm going to be gutted when my wood and coal supply runs out. 

The university turned theirs on this week... now its too warm but only after 8 and before 6. out of hours its too cold as the make up air in not heated

Mine gives off the equivalent heat to a small nuclear reactor.  There must be some way of monetising that.... :laugh:

I said I would un-pipe the boiler and plug one pipe in each of her ears and heat the house that way . Thats why I built the car so quick, as she kicked me into the garage  :oops:

• Like 2

No heating yet, not enough white stuff falling from the heavens.

Wood burners very efficient and must be cheaper than LPG surely?

I have my heating on 24x7x365.

I also have a thermostat...  :getmecoat:

Pretty chilly in the Blathouse on 29th February then! :p

We've got a ground source heat pump and underfloor heating downstairs, the controller monitors outside air, inside air, water in system (internal), water in pump circuit and then computes how much heat is required to maintain the thermostat temp setting, it came on briefly on Sunday morning.

Pretty chilly in the Blathouse on 29th February then! :p

Not a chilly as it is on Feb 14th, but that's another story...

Just moved into an old and draughty house but we haven't had to turn the heating on yet ... because the Aga is burning gallons of oil and keeping us pretty snug (in the kitchen at least).  I'd thoroughly recommend getting an Aga. It keeps us warm, dries our clothes, stops the oil tank from being too full and much more besides.  I'd also recommend getting an oven though, because it's not so great for cooking in (although that might be the lack of Aga cooking instructions on my ready meals).

Edited:  On the plus side, the new house has an old (I'd guess 1920s) garage with its own fuel pump in it!  I assume there is a fuel tank buried underground which I will need to investigate.  There aren't any laws about storing large quantities of petrol at home are there?

• Like 1

Just moved into an old and draughty house but we haven't had to turn the heating on yet ... because the Aga is burning gallons of oil and keeping us pretty snug (in the kitchen at least). I'd thoroughly recommend getting an Aga. It keeps us warm, dries our clothes, stops the oil tank from being too full and much more besides. I'd also recommend getting an oven though, because it's not so great for cooking in (although that might be the lack of Aga cooking instructions on my ready meals).

Edited: On the plus side, the new house has an old (I'd guess 1920s) garage with its own fuel pump in it! I assume there is a fuel tank buried underground which I will need to investigate. There aren't any laws about storing large quantities of petrol at home are there?

If that's not a joke, yes there are!

If that's not a joke, yes there are!

Yes, it was a joke (though it's tempting isn't it...).  I'll try to post a picture of the fuel pump - it's a classic!

In the meantime I'll go and feed the Aga some more oil...

I say yes but the wife says no - she is away this weekend though :d