Show us your daily!

benedwards64

I think we were all distracted, probably grooming our beards or something. Now where's my pipe!

• Like 1

Nice, this is my goal, 996 turbo and a westfield. Already got one of the two. Clearly they are very different so when do you pick the Porker and when do you pick the westie?

They are so different and really are worlds apart. The Westfield is a 250bhp sprint car so quite hard and unfriendly on public roads. It spends most of it's time sat in the trailer and hasn't been far in the recent past due to a house move. The porker really is a remarkable piece of machinery. So easy to use and going up in value which is nice! It will trundle around doing the shopping and then completely hammer most things come rain or shine and still return 24mpg. If there are passengers then definately the porker as it would be a shame to spoil the power to weight ratio on the Westfield!

Not sure how to add a picture? Old daily a modified BMW e92 320d latest daily a BMW F10 530d and the Mrs has a e90 BMW 320 effiecent dynamics £20 to tax 75 MPG and it'll still do 140!

I class it as my daily, however I use pedal power to get me to and from work.  Doing my bit for the environment and also, so that I can eat and drink what I want ;)

Oh and here's the pic!

photo33-1-1.jpg

• Like 3

... however I use pedal power to get me to and from work...  

Yes, you press the right pedal and you get power. No arguments from me..!

Looks nice, some (ok most) of you guys have really nice DD's

picking this up tomorrow evening

UsedCarImage_zpspdsv0lj8.jpg

VehicleImage_zpso2x7ly2x.jpg

UsedCarImage1_zpstipnspni.jpg

colour match the westie :d

• Like 2

Yes, you press the right pedal and you get power. No arguments from me..!

Looks nice, some (ok most) of you guys have really nice DD's

Cheers John,

Always wondered what this would be like on track, but would have to update the suspension and I would probably cook the standard brakes which would equate to a fair few track days in the Westy.

I sometimes consider selling due to the number of issues the e46 m3 has, although I wonder what I would replace it with. It has practicality and performance. My head says get shut my heart keep!

I suspect that it doesn't help that - a). BMW is so recognisable as a brand by so many people that have little to no knowledge of or ability to recognise many other brands. b). BMW's across all the different models have such a huge share of the market, 3 Series being more common than Mondeo's etc. There's just an awful lot of people in BMW's, by the law of averages, that's going to mean quite a few  :arse:

But consider this also, it's human nature to tend to react in kind and treat others as you're treated yourself. Sure many of try our best to do the opposite, treat other the way we want to be treated, but when you've spent a day driving a BMW, being carved up, ignored and treated like an  :arse: the temptation to respond in kind, and proliferate the "image" doesn't half get high!

Agree. So many people misjudge and make assumptions when they don't know the person/driver from Adam!

One time I was parked in a huge hotel car park, away from where most had parked, only to return to my car with a post note appended to the windscreen, with the words, "dope, you bling m3 drivers are all the same, learn to park,"

I had double parked not because I was lazy or inconsiderate, I parked well away from everyone, as I didn't want my doors dinging by some careless idiot. There were loads of spaces, so it wasn't as if there was limited parking space. I checked the car just in case they had scratched it out of spite.

Needless to say I don't double park any more so as not draw attention!

Westie under the 4-post lift along with the other weekend sibling.

The Garage

Daily hack is a lot more mundane, a Skoda Octavia vRS estate now with 150k on the clock. Still going strong and perfect for lugging the mountain bikes to the hills.

• Like 1

picking this up tomorrow evening

UsedCarImage_zpspdsv0lj8.jpg

VehicleImage_zpso2x7ly2x.jpg

UsedCarImage1_zpstipnspni.jpg

colour match the westie :d

Good job the trailer is a different colour.