car lifts

pete g

All types, I suspect I'll have dozens to filter down to two or three.

When I asked what tool boxes he did so I could choose one to offer to fill the container he sent me pictures of over 50! I chose a small one and we worked out we had space for 17. I said the first 17 got one. We ended up with 170 and 2 containers. Fortunately I had a second sight and increased the price and ended up with £2000 profit on the tool boxes which paid for transport of the goods to 4 UK distribution points (Sussex, Birmingham, Sheffield an Norfolk.

This company is the largest in China. Space rockets, trains, commercial vehicles, cars, medical equipment and of course, among many other products, tools. All sorts of tools for all sorts of trades. Their turnover was $50 billion dollars in 2004.

When I started to deal with them, the first bulk buy was for 300 race jacks (the same as Machine Mart sell) but I'd never heard of them. I knew I could get a Dunn & Bradstreet report but they cost. So I emailed the British consulate in Shanghai and he replied the next day, with disclaimers but told me just how big this company was. I was, therefore, assured we wouldn't get a container full of bricks or no container at all. Mr Ma is a pleasure to deal with but extremely difficult to bargain with. I have spoken to him several times, he's the sales director of the tool division, and he speaks english with a Chinese/american accent. He always finishes his emails and conversation with "have a nice days" He is therefore known as "Have a nice day, Mr Ma"

• Like 1

I only really want the re-locatable 2 post lift with the 2 meter height.also Interested in good price race jack.

I bought the jacks in at £60 on the first BB and £58 on the second. This was the jack, the shipping and insurance, the dock charges and the VAT. At the time of the first, Demon Tweeks were selling them at over £500. Machine Mart sell them today for just over £100 today.

For the record I paid for my stuff (on both BB's) and donated the £200 odd excess to charity on the first. The second had about £40 excess which I kept to help pay for the phone call costs to China (expensive in those days).

The trick is to guess what the dollar exchange rate will be on the day you have to pay for the goods. (All Chinese exports are paid for in US$). This guess has to be made about 3 months before the payment.

1- 2 post lift

Capacity  3000kgs  A.  Stroke 1928mm  B.  Overall height 2866mm  C.  Overall width  3477mm  D.  drive through clearance  2460mm  F.  Support bracket length min  770mm  G.  support bracket length max  1105mm  J.  Plate height min  119mm  K.  Plate height max  168mm  M.  column spacing,interior dimension  2750mm    Moter performance  2.2kw    Electrical connection  380v/220v    Lifting time  50 sec.    N.M/G.M. 685/700kgs    Package size

1#2855x720x470mm  
2#3200x555x45mm
3#760x230x330mm   
4#590x240x250mm

OTY/20'CY

24PCS

CAR-LIFT01.jpg

Minimum order is 24. So if we have 24 interest I'll start negotiations. Please feel free to publish the item on other forums, especially Blatchat.

Is this the re-locatable 2 post lift? It looks like a semi permanent one to me from the image. Due to garage height restrictions, I am looking at the 2 post lift that you can reposition so ideally I can have options to set up in the garage and on the drive and also take with me when I move. Sorry to be a pain!

same here . unless the price is real cheap

:d :d :d

That one is fixed. Here are two scissor type. 

However they are minimum of 30 pieces. Personally I'd just as well use a jack and stands. The scissor inhibits access underneath.

Capacity 3000kgs Min. Height 110mm Lift Height 1000mm Power of Motor 1.5 kw Power of Supply 380/220 V Table Length 1400 mm Width 460  mm N.W./G.W

1# 400/420 kgs

2# 78/80 kgs

Package size

1# 1800x1500x150 mm
2#1230x560x380 mm

QTY/20'CY

30PCS

car-lift02.jpg

3- Scissor-3

Capacity 2500kgs Min. Height 150mm Lift Height 1750mm Power of Motor 2.2 kw Power of Supply 380V Table Length 1800 mm Width 610 mm N.W./G.W

1# 380/400 kgs

2# 43/46 kgs

Package size

1# 2550x1000x180 mm
2#880x390x340 mm

QTY/20'CY

30PCS

car-lift03.jpg

Looks like the first one, with the car on is single or three phase. The bottom one looks like it's 3 phase only.

not keen on the scissor lift either. Top work on giving many options though! :yes:

Oh, he'll have many more than these. But it gets too bewildering when there's so many to choose from. I explained what we needed them for and this is his choice.

Prices. These are opening prices. I have to get them down. If you've ever negotiated with a Chinaman then you know that's not easy.

CAR-LIFT01.jpg

FOB (free on Board) Shanghai. $1200 = £712.92

car-lift02.jpg

FOB Shanghai $1528 = £907.63

car-lift03.jpg

FOB Shanghai $1345 = £799.20

All 3 are available in 220v single phase.

MOQ is 12.8,15 although the prices quoted are for 24,15,30

We have to add Felixstowe dock charges and VAT to the final price.

Thoughts on a postcard.

I will get better prices but I won't get them halved.

ed to add that if anyone wants the full specs email me (norman@frenchblat.com) and I'll forward the email.

• Like 1

Norman, we're fine with you gauging interest and seeing if this is viable at the moment, and once you do establish if actually is viable, we know you'll come to us with all the details as per the Bulk Buy rules.

However, please note that as you've said, "Please feel free to publish the item on other forums, especially Blatchat.", as MemSec I now have to keep a very close eye on this.  If I see a sudden influx of people signing up for free 30 day / 50 post memberships from people who will never join the WSCC just in order to be able to reply to this thread, which will not be helpful to the club and especially to the administration side of things, we may have to lock the thread down and work together on an alternative system.  But I'll email you if this starts to unfold - trust you understand my concern, which hopefully will not happen.

Found this on eBay, seems pretty much where you would end up price wise after shipping and VAT and they offer support.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINGLE-POINT-LOCK-RELEASE-4-TON-SUPERB-BRAND-NEW-CAR-RAMP-2-POST-LIFT-HOIST-/231148963515?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item35d18d46bb

Nick, that looks nice but will be more than the Chinese 2 poster. Insurance and dock charges plus VAT will only bring the two poster to about £900.

Scott, fully understood. We will need more than our members if we can do this. We will also need help collecting them from the docks (Felixstowe probably). Maybe if anyone publishes it on other forum (forii?) put my email address on the post (norman@frenchblat.com). Maybe also explain they can view but cannot respond on here. Just out of interest as a trader do I still need permission to trade? No problem if you want the details but I'll probably not be able to provide much more than will be on here. Lets see what happens. I doubt we'll get enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks Norman, and I understand as well - as you say, let's see what happens.  As my grandmother used to say, "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it."  Or, "It's a bear we all have to cross."  She was quite the Mrs Malaprop.

my thoughts are last one you can get here for same price .seen on ebay

second one reasonable price

first one cheaper than here but price difference not great. maybe if brought in bulk over here the difference may be smaller.

would like cheaper  but not ruled it out yet