Another Newbie! - Carpet Question

ptaylor50669

Used some cheap nylon ribbed carpet runners from supermarket easy to cut waterproof if you need it and light'ish. covered with vinyl for tunnel top. Well actually wife did cutting our she makes dresses said  it was easy24-wub.gif.

Hi Paul and welcome to the fun!

Can't add anything to the carpet debate as all been said....!

I went to Carpetright........... :blush: . Only cost £14 for a 0.5m x 4m strip off a roll, cut it to shape and stuck it down with double sided tape. I figured at that price I can replace it every season for minty freshness :laugh:

Thanks everyone,

deffinatly pause for thought, my intention is to run the car for pleaseure only, health would not allow me to race too stressful for my heart. the velcro idea is good might try and fit my own, local carpet supplier can edge,

my other requirement is new Seats and seatbelts,

Also when is the next show? i have never been to one yet. 

Your nearest meet is the Manchester one - calling John Williams to the boards...

Click

Not forgetting the main event, the National Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh, Warwickshire on 5-6 May. :t-up:   You might want to wait until then for seats and seat belts to get a better idea as to what's available, find suppliers, try them on, etc. - those are the things that are better purchased after due consideration and patient thought.

Welcome on board!

If I was doing it again I probably wouldn't bother with velcro on the carpets as there's not really anywhere for them to move.

I've found that the velcro is too strong for the rubber backing and some of my strips have just torn off the rubber, taking a thin covering of rubber with them, when I've removed them. Like I said, I would try without any fixing and then add some later if it was needed.

and to the boardroom i arrive... like the sleak panda i am!

Hi Paul,

now for the sensible bit - Welcome!

The Membership Sec says you are local, where abouts in the world are you?

I'm cheadle, and the meetings are in chadderton.

if you fancy a chat please drop me a bell 07912 515 570 or email me johnpdwilliams@hotmail.com

cheers

John

Paul - Thanks for the chat.... look forward to seeing you in the future.

cheers

john

• Like 1

Just to add to the fixing story.  I have some rubber mats cut from a roll and they stay put having been carefully cut and fitted to the space available.

Rory's Dad