Another Newbie! - Carpet Question

ptaylor50669

Welcome aboard

I just took my carpet out weighs to much :)

I'm sure someone will be along soon with all the replacement info for you

They do look good without

Hi

I have just become a new member, can you give me any info on replacing the carpet to my car. Paul

Welcome

I suggest speaking to the factory if you are looking for a new set

Another welcome to the club. Afraid I can't help with your carpet question as my car doesn't have any either. Are you looking for a new set, or tips on how to fix them?

Jenny

Welcome. can't help with the carpets but as above give the factory a bell.

welcome :t-up: first stop would be the factory but if you want an alternative you could try A search for automotive or van carpet on ebay, if you have carpets to use as templates is should be quite easy to use some tailors chalk to mark round and cut new copy’s, i would go for nylon so it will not rot but depending on the style and look you want, lots chose to remove and run with just the bare alloy.

Welcome!

In my last car I replaced some of the carpet on the tunnel, and I just brought a roll from Stoneleigh one year and cut and glued it in, wasn't too much work really. But this car has factory carpets in, so as others said, the factory would be the way if you need a complete set.

Dan

Hello there. Carpets get wet in the rain and then smell for ages. Take 'em all out and leave 'em out. Line it with Carbon instead.

You need to decide if your Westy is going to be 'wet' or 'dry'.  Mine's wet so no carpets, holes in the floor, lined holes in the fibre glass seats through the floor, no vinyl, a carbon dash, rubber covers on switches, half doors waiting to be fitted, half hood on order,

Rory's Dad

Welcome!

Can't help on carpet, but to throw another option into the mix, mine just has rubber mats cut to size... 

Hi Paul, welcome to the club :t-up: as the others before me have hinted, you have several options for the interior and what to do with the carpet. If you're chasing every last gram of weight and go out in the rain frequently then no carpet is the way to go and you could always recover the aluminium panels with Vinyl or spend 1000's on carbon :d

If like me you like a confortable interior and like carpets, then the factory is the only place you can by a ready made set, alternatively an automotive trimmer should easily be able to use your current set as a patten to make some new ones. You can also by carpet by the roll from kit car shows etc or companies such as woolies trim if you want to try making your own. Just be sure to buy automotive carpet.

Normally these days the carpets are fixed in with self adhesive velco, so quite easy to swap out once you've removed the seats. In the earlier cars they tended to be glued in so can be quite a pain to extract if a strong glue was used.