Hello I'm gatouille from France (Westfield SEIW 1998)

Gatouille

Let us know how you went on

I met troubles with oil leak (sump). As I am an humble DIYer, I make mistakes.

When mounting the sump, I put 2 rubber gasket, one between the motor and the "plate", and one between this plate and the sump.

But this gasket is supposed to be used with only one piece, one piece can do the job on both faces of the plate...

I hope you will understand ...

Of it leaked a lot, and I had to stop. I will use two reinz gaskets.

One of my friend borrowed me an Alfa Romeo 75 2 liter twin spark, 140 hp, 900 kgs, very easy to drive, fun, and not too slow, I will try to show you videos.

Next trackday on september....

I tried the rubber gaskets too and they are difficult to seal.   The genuine GM cork gaskets work the best as they are thicker and take up imperfections on the machined surfaces. 

This evening reassembly with 2 joints Reinz, as indicated in the technical documentation P62:

http://www.club-calibra.org/docs/RevueRagmen.pdf

I  tap in every 14 holes, 12 on 14 are "blind in one eye" and imprison the dirt, the old paste...., I tookout quite a lot of dirts, This could be a problem when tightened).
Air in every hole has still taken out dirts, tightening in the couple 15NM
New oil filter oils new 5W40 synthesis.
I let it dry all night long although Loctite claimed it be used 40 minutes after, I will try tomorrow morning.

I like to replace the "channel" of soft top by a sort of this :

img1415uh.jpg

The roof looks neat.

Having tried both, I do prefer the two piece cork gasket arrangement. A little fiddlier to fit, but worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

My "channel" has been repared, see my home made screw.

img_2022.jpg

img_2023.jpg

Headrests have now the same color.

img_2025.jpg

Before, they are from a Austin Allegro

2013-026.jpg

Windscreens

img_2024.jpg

When in revs, my motor is very slow to return at iddle.....

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody !

Many time whithout news from this strange world (France), wasn't it too bad ???? :d :d :d

Improving :

before
img_2019.jpg

After :

img_2021.jpg

img_2023.jpg

I thought that you were crazy in UK when using your Westy even under rain, Am I crazy too ?? :p

2014-012.jpg
Toyo 888 is "not snow approved" :suspect:

Westy won the "snow battle" :oops:
2014-015.jpg
More than 19 tons forbiden :cool:
2014-011.jpg

Hi,

Look at this, the power is 149 bhp, not so good, isn't it ? :cry:

westy_10.jpg

Always something to sort, isn't there?  Good job updating the electrics, smart as well.  Can't comment on the power, but maybe next step will be change from twin carbs?

Keep it up, love the photos, you're a brave man going out in that snow on the 888s!

Excellent work on updating the electrics :t-up:

I'll second Scott but must have been great fun and at least the roads were quiet!

Don't be too disheartened by the bhp, don't forget these are light cars and power to weight will put most tin tops to shame :cool:

Wow. I've negotiated light snow on two occasions on R888's. Virtually no grip at all. Very exciting. No matter how gentle I drive I can't stop the back wheels breaking traction going up even a gentle hill :o . Not something I've ever deliberately set out to do, just a change in the weather between setting out and my destination.

Jen

Hi,

Thank you for your messages !

My Westy has something to tell you in english (it guess mine is poor and I will not understand !)

I'm not a snowplough ! I'm a free seven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chasse10.jpg

Cold topless, help help ! Gatouille is a mad fool !!! :
cold_t10.jpg

aurora borealis
reflet10.jpg

888 are the best snow tires of the world arn't they ?

a_l_as10.jpg

You are right, 150 bhp is enough for a humble driver like me and a light car, just want to check if I've got the right jetting on my webers.

God save the Queen and Westies....

You certainly put our complaining about cold weather to shame!  Looks like (very cold) fun - what do you friends and neighbours think? ???  :suspect:  :)

ambulance_crpd.jpg

Sorry Scott, can't answer, my neighbours have already call the mental hospital ! ..........................................................

The member you have call is no longer in service, please try another WSCC member.........tuuuut tuuuuuuuuuuut !!!!!

;)

• Like 1

And I thought only British and Irish people were funny.   Carry on Gatouille :d  :westy: