• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Castle Combe regs are out! Swift action recommended

Lumme!

Delighted you all had a great day yesterday despite the weather.

It made the day challenging for everyone and I've passed on your messages of thanks and appreciation to the right people in Bristol Motor Club.

James - from what I saw you did the right things - started steady and then built-up your speed as you got to know the car, circuit and conditions.

Hope you all have a great season and look forward to seeing you again.

Aye - a particular thanks to Stu for all his tips, and James for all his help.

2rd Timed session - dryer now and 888's on

1st Timed session - part wet with my old A539's on. Very slow and a big moment after the 1st chicane.

And finally, the appalling practice session! - The rear cam is a technology test and kind of irrelivent! :-)

Good Videos Dodgey.  It was a weird day wasnt it.  It felt funny for me as it was the first time ive taken my car on any track other than Curborough so to get to drive on a "big" circuit was really good fun.

I need to get used to driving round corners at speed as i'm fine in a straight line.  I spent too much time checking my blind spot in case someone was behind me.

All in all a grand day out.  

A very well organised day and the best bit was seeing Dodgey, Gunplumber Smokey Mow and all the other Westy owners whose boardroom names I dont know. 

:)

Slidey weeeee indeed! - and as for checking blind spots - look for me checking over my right shoulder every time I joint the track! - I reckon it's the motorcyclist in me :-)

A few pictures courtesy of my Dad :t-up:

DSC_7933.jpg

DSC_7923.jpg

DSC_7910.jpg

DSC_7856.jpg

DSC_7901.jpg

DSC_7846.jpg

DSC_7869.jpg

DSC_7892.jpg

My first timed run, "the banker", keep it clean, stay on the black stuff and just get a time that counts on the board :d a very unexciting 197.99 :oops:

Dodgey - what is going on with your tacho? It seems to be waving at you :d

Very nice and smooth Smokey. I like the video element too - must look into that. (thanks to your Dad! btw) (Oh , and what data logger do you use for the maps etc?)

My tacho - always been nuts! - it seems susceptible to bumps etc. I just rely on a combo of the sound, the gear change lights, and the rev limiter :-)

Very nice and smooth Smokey. I like the video element too - must look into that. (thanks to your Dad! btw) (Oh , and what data logger do you use for the maps etc?)

Thanks :) I just wanted to get two laps in where I didn't spin or leave the circuit :d

I'm using a DL1 for the logging and then combining the data with the gopro video in Racerender. It's new to me this year so I'm only logging speed, position and G at the moment but once I get the hang of using it I'll add a few more parameters :cool:

I've seen the price.... I might try a smart phone option 1st!!! :-)  I just want the car position and speed

mark that looks like  a nice cheap system. is it easy to use

mark that looks like  a nice cheap system. is it easy to use

It's the first time I've used it, but so far it seems easy enough to use, although I'm still finding my way around the analysis software which is taking some getting used to :oops::d